WTB-Suburban RR 1/4 Panel...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
I've filed a claim with Geico for damage I did to my pass side 1/4 by backing into my trailer. I will try get Geico to agree to pay for a new 1/4 panel, and I have a reputable bodyshop lined up to do the job. But I havn't been able to find a panel. LMC doesn't carry one, I have a few more places to try. Presumably I'll be finding a Taiwan piece. Has anyone got a USA panel? Its the pasenger side, 1984.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
New GM quarter panels are basically obsolete. They can be found, but it takes time and a lot of money.

Is that a picture of before the damage? I see nothing there that would require a quarter panel replacement.

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
I backed up my truck a few years ago, and I forgot my trailer was there because I was worried about going over the grass. So I hit the quarter panel so hard I almost popped out the side window. So when I had the truck painted a little while later, The body shop guy pulled the panel out reasonably well, and applyed a thick coat of beautifully contoured Bondo. And then a while after the truck came back from the body shop, my ex did it again, even though I was yelling at her down the driveway to stop bcause I saw exactly what was happening. But too late. So unnder the lightly cracked Bondo, if you zoom in and look carefully, is a badly mangled quarter panel. Time for a new one...

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
The price is 449 then if you add it to your cart, it's 569. And if you checkout, it asks for CC info, but no info on freight. I'll call them, and the bodyshop guy said he'd pass by before I leave it at his shop bcause the windshield has been removed to repair rust damage in the channel. That way we'll know if he can fix it with lesser panel.

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
This isn't looking good, I just called two suppliers in Canada which is an hour away, and they've got nothing. I just called car and truck in Orange California, and theirs is on backorder. And too bad because I'm going to be there in 2 weeks and I've got room to bring one back, if they had one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike