Wrench Racks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
I watch too much You Tube!

Saw a guy saying he made his own wrench racks for less than $3 each with foam from a craft store. As I just purchased the ratcheting wrenches from Sears I thought this might be a good way to start organizing my toolbox. Now I'm not a "craft" kind of guy but I figured why not. By the time I found the foam, a marker and glue gun/glue sticks (cheapest ones I could find) it was going to be around $15. Put it all back.

Went on Walmart site and found plastic STEELMAN 55318 10-tool wrench holders for $2.58 with $.70 tax (I ordered four) shipped free to store. Exactly what I needed for the new 20-pc. wrench set! Seemed like a decent deal. Just passing it on since I couldn't even find'em that cheap at HF!

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
Same price on Amazon for the black ones but red are $5 (so is Walmart.com). I may have to get a couple sets of these, one for metric one for standard.

Thanks!

Dang... My regular wrenches are 11 in a set and my ratcheting are only 7 in a set...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Harbor Freight has a 16 wrench rack for $5.99 made of plastic, or a metal 14 wrench rack for $6.99. Not sure if they're better than these other or not.

https://www.harborfreight.com/16-Slot-Wrench-Rack-62850.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/professional-14-wrench-holder-4800.html

I normally don't use wrench racks but I need to do something. This one drawer is maybe half of my standard wrenches. Doesn't include my metrics at all. And I'm about to buy some Ratcheting Combo wrenches. With all the talk about them lately, and working a FWD ricer where I wished I had some, I think it's time to get some.

You must be registered for see images attach

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
Harbor Freight has a 16 wrench rack for $5.99 made of plastic, or a metal 14 wrench rack for $6.99. Not sure if they're better than these other or not.

https://www.harborfreight.com/16-Slot-Wrench-Rack-62850.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/professional-14-wrench-holder-4800.html

I normally don't use wrench racks but I need to do something. This one drawer is maybe half of my standard wrenches. Doesn't include my metrics at all. And I'm about to buy some Ratcheting Combo wrenches. With all the talk about them lately, and working a FWD ricer where I wished I had some, I think it's time to get some.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC,
I didn't find these. I'll be getting a few of these as well. Don't want the metal racks due to scratches. The 10-slot Walmart racks worked perfect for the 20-pc. ratcheting wrenches I bought from Sears. Thanks for the link!

Same price on Amazon for the black ones but red are $5 (so is Walmart.com). I may have to get a couple sets of these, one for metric one for standard.

[I never thought I'd need ratcheting wrenches until I tried to disconnect the fuse box in a '07 Uplander. Barely enough room to get the wrench into the space. That made a believer out of me instantly! Now I use them whenever I can.

Side note:My Dad used to raise "cain" with me (50 years ago) for using box end wrenches because he thought they were too slow but he was the one with the busted knuckles when his open end wrenches slipped! :)] Should have typed this below.

Thanks!

Dang... My regular wrenches are 11 in a set and my ratcheting are only 7 in a set...

That's the hard part! Finding the holders that match the number of wrenches you want to put in them! Guess we can always find a few extra wrenches for the extra slots, eh?

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
YEAH!! That's the ticket BUY MORE!!!

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Lol i have my wrenches thrown in a tool bag. My Gear Wrenches are still on the racks but won't be for long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike