Wow !!! Twin Brand New 87 Buick Grand Nationals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
This is a nice read. It's nice to see these in such good shape and to know they'll be taken care of. It's funny. I was at a tire place once a few years ago and someone brought in twin Grand Nationals. They had 1997 plates on them, and they were coated in dust, but you could tell they shined under all that. Only real difference is that the tires were completely rotten on them. I'm guessing they were driven in some capacity for around a decade before being parked, but I'd be driving it every day if I had one.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
All I need is a rich friend

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Man, those are nice.
I have an engine from an older Regal, carbed, have not checked the numbers to see what year it is. Just setting there on the stand, waiting for Me to do a resael job and shove it into an old MGB roadster I have setting here. I have two turboes, two carbs, the bell housing, flywheel and clutch, along with a five speed trans.
I could go get the regal that it came out of and put it all back together. The guy I got the engine from had some oil leaks on the turboed engine, He installed a NA engine into it. Didnt even break it in after that, He said it was no fun to drive anymore. LOL

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Man, those are nice.
I have an engine from an older Regal, carbed, have not checked the numbers to see what year it is. Just setting there on the stand, waiting for Me to do a resael job and shove it into an old MGB roadster I have setting here. I have two turboes, two carbs, the bell housing, flywheel and clutch, along with a five speed trans.
I could go get the regal that it came out of and put it all back together. The guy I got the engine from had some oil leaks on the turboed engine, He installed a NA engine into it. Didnt even break it in after that, He said it was no fun to drive anymore. LOL
Wow why would you even do that? Even if it was a T Type Regal....the predecessor to the GN and GNX? I had a T Type Regal and it was fun even in grey.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
I love those car GNX is my favorite!!

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Wow why would you even do that? Even if it was a T Type Regal....the predecessor to the GN and GNX? I had a T Type Regal and it was fun even in grey.
I guess I dont even have a good answer for that, other than I have this MG-B roadster setting here that has a pinto engine shoved into it and I thought it`d be fun to cruise around and blow the doors off a most anything out there. LOL
I`ll go and talk to the guy about His regal, maybe trade Him the MG body for His regal. MG has been bondoed in, a magnet wont stick to most of the fender and under the doors, doors is about as bad.
I also have a 3.8 short block setting in the garage too.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just love those little tiny 3.8 engines. That Buick 231 makes some great power. I had an Even Fire 231 out of an 80 Monza that I wanted to keep for a buggy project out at my dads. Of course, like every damn thing else I've had cool, I had to sell it and never got to use it.

I had a buddy put a 231 in Willys Jeep. Talk about a wicked little go anywhere ride. Damn that thing would take off like a rocket too. He adapted it to the OEM trans and transfer car. A mild cam, intake and headers and he could get the front wheels off the ground. That's not saying much for a Willys though. He broke that transmission a few times though. Just a wicked cool off road ride. Wasn't good for top speed or highway due to the low gears in the axles.

The 231 is just such a small package, you can stuff it in about anything. You could probably fit one into a riding lawn mower they're so small.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The 231 is just such a small package, you can stuff it in about anything. You could probably fit one into a riding lawn mower they're so small.
OH BOY, Now You got Me to thinking. :cheers::anitoof:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I guess I dont even have a good answer for that, other than I have this MG-B roadster setting here that has a pinto engine shoved into it and I thought it`d be fun to cruise around and blow the doors off a most anything out there. LOL
I`ll go and talk to the guy about His regal, maybe trade Him the MG body for His regal. MG has been bondoed in, a magnet wont stick to most of the fender and under the doors, doors is about as bad.
I also have a 3.8 short block setting in the garage too.
Nothing unusual about an MG being rotted. I always wanted to V8 a P1800.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OH BOY, Now You got Me to thinking. :cheers::anitoof:

Go for it. I'd imagine it would be OK if you want to add Twin Turbos. They can hang over the outsides a little bit. :shrug:

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Nothing unusual about an MG being rotted. I always wanted to V8 a P1800.
I doo have a 78 that has absolutely no rot at all, just a few minor dings and it needs a paint job, that one`ll be left original, except for I might add an OD transmixer to it. I do have a lot of the interior setting, waiting for Me to get it back into the garage to finish that up.
The rusted one is a split bumper, I do not know what year it is. I did not know that there was no tag on it when I bought it about 20 years ago or else I would have let it set right where it was. I gave the old man 25 dollars for it.

Go for it. I'd imagine it would be OK if you want to add Twin Turbos. They can hang over the outsides a little bit. :shrug:
The hood on the 64 JD tractor mower could be splayed a plenty to make room for that. LOL