Wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83K20

Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
I'm looking for an entire wiring harness for an 1983 k10. I've looked at painless but their prices make my jaw drop. I was hoping for about half that price. If y'all could point me in a better direction whether it be a cheaper company or someone on here making one for me I would appreciate it.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
As far as I am aware nobody other than myself offers GM style exact replacement harnesses-I have:

Front lighting
Rear lighting
Engine
Power windows/locks
Dual tank

And I offer a lot of custom options also including auto down/up windows, delay off headlights, serpentine engine harnesses as well as a variety of electric fan options. PM me with details on what youre looking for!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd imagine an 81 is real close. I've got pretty close to complete if not complete from an 81 with Single Headlights. It was a Wee O Five Th350 Auto wiring harness. I pulled all the harnesses including fuseblock before I scrapped it. There may be a wire or 2 or 3 that might need a little help, like where I separated 1 harness from another. I've also got the ECM and ESC harness too if you really want to go that route but I figure likely not. Most of the switches like the headlight and wiper switch is included too.

Attachments

• 81parts 033.jpg
    81parts 033.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 81parts 020.jpg
    81parts 020.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 313
  • 81parts 018.jpg
    81parts 018.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 277

83K20

Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
I'd imagine an 81 is real close. I've got pretty close to complete if not complete from an 81 with Single Headlights. It was a Wee O Five Th350 Auto wiring harness. I pulled all the harnesses including fuseblock before I scrapped it. There may be a wire or 2 or 3 that might need a little help, like where I separated 1 harness from another. I've also got the ECM and ESC harness too if you really want to go that route but I figure likely not. Most of the switches like the headlight and wiper switch is included too.

Can you pm me how much you want for that 81 harness.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Wow-I have to say-that is awesome organization on those oem harness sections! It is definitely a chore to pull them without cutting anything up! Nicely done!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Wow-I have to say-that is awesome organization on those oem harness sections! It is definitely a chore to pull them without cutting anything up! Nicely done!
Yes, it was a bit of a chore to carefully remove it all. Then mark the harnesses simply in grocery sacks. Then kinda rolled the bags a bit tighter and put it all in 1 good sized box with some rat and mouse poison for just in case a critter got in the box. I opened it up just a couple weeks ago and all looks to be untouched by critters. I wish more guys would do that same when they scrap these trucks. These harnesses are getting harder and harder to find. When you find one at a pull a part, someone has removed something and just butchered the harness thinking it's just a junk truck.

Affende

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Affende
Truck Year
83 and 84
Truck Model
C1500 and K3500 3+3
Engine Size
250 and 454
Im in the same boat you are in with my 83 and my 84 .... both of them have been hacked apart over the years with many problems. I think its easier to start from scratch than it is to trace down 40 different issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128