Wiper delay not working right, works on low and high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.
The things I accomplished in between rain showers. Damn I'll be glad when my shop gets built. Changed out the stalk just because the one from 84 was just ugly. Installed the reman wiper motor from Cardone and the thing worked perfectly for about three minutes. Then it wouldn't stop on its on or delay properly. Next I bypassed the pulse module and nothing changed. While I was down there I decided to give the dimmer switch a workout with some contact cleaner since it's been sketchy lately, half the time when I switch to brights they just go dark. Dimmer works like a champ now. Pouring rain again. I made sure all the terminals were not gapped open. Had to make a beer run and the wipers worked perfectly, delay, hi, lo, homing like butter and I thought, what the hell. Got up this morning and its raining again and I thought what better conditions for proper wipers. Wrong, they wipe like hell but wont stop on their own. I grabbed the contact cleaner and started spraying in the area where the stem enters the column whilst switching the knob through the settings. Now it's working properly about 75% and when it don't I can twist the knob back and forth and it does good. I'm convinced it's the switch itself.