Wing windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Okay, so I've got a question. The general consensus is that they moved to the one piece vent window seal sometime in 1985, but did they hang onto the two piece assemblies throughout the rest of the square body run? I'm wondering because I'm redoing the vent window seals and regular window weatherstripping and installing a new window on the passenger side, and my Jimmy has the two piece seal on both sides. It also has the original manufacturer sticker on the driver side. @Honky Kong jr sent me a vent assembly out of an '89, and it also had a two piece seal. Is that just a huge coincidence, or did the manufacturer still turn out the older style vent assembly? @Keith Seymore

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a LH NOS vent assembly w/glass, track, seal, etc basically a full replacement. Its NOS GM but since LMC offers one for $200 you may not want to buy a GM one but if you do, $550 buys it. I usually use this kind of stuff on my own builds because there arent many people wanting to go the GM route but I hate parts that dont fit properly more than the $$$ it costs to obtain NOS. I am out of RH assemblies now tho-my last pair I sold in a fairly large NOS order to a guy building a super nice 85 CC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL