Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Let's pictures of your tinted squares. I'm about ready to tint mine. I'm thinking about 15% on sides and back with 40 or so over whole windshield with a 5% strip at the bottom to keep sun off the dash. (Yes I know that's all illegal in Ohio but I don't care. This isn't a post of legality). So let's what you guys have and what looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Let's pictures of your tinted squares. I'm about ready to tint mine. I'm thinking about 15% on sides and back with 40 or so over whole windshield with a 5% strip at the bottom to keep sun off the dash. (Yes I know that's all illegal in Ohio but I don't care. This isn't a post of legality). So let's what you guys have and what looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I literally just did my back window today, i also dont care about legality because its super illegal in pa but....i love 5%. Im about to finish the sides.

You must be registered for see images attach

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
5% back and strip. 35% door glasses just to stay legal.

Don't have a pic but we did my cousins with double 5 on the back glass, 5 on the door glasses and a 10 inch 5% strip with 35% from the strip down. With the windows down and the back glass open you still could not see the driver if they waved. Looked really good but would get pulled over really quick these days with that.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
5% back and strip. 35% door glasses just to stay legal.

Don't have a pic but we did my cousins with double 5 on the back glass, 5 on the door glasses and a 10 inch 5% strip with 35% from the strip down. With the windows down and the back glass open you still could not see the driver if they waved. Looked really good but would get pulled over really quick these days with that.
That looks great that's what I need. They look just in it more menacing like that.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
That looks great that's what I need. They look just in it more menacing like that.
They do for sure!!! Especially lifted ones. I never understood tinting the windshield tho....

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I've been looking around to tint my truck, just haven't made up my mind yet. For a windshield, I'd want something super light. Really just to help block out UV's and keep cab temps down.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
No i mean the whole thing, idk why you would want that. And i know its completely illegal lol. My 5% is illegal.
Not on the back window State inspection wise it's all legal it's left to the discretion of the police in PA. Because for SI the only windows that have to be there is the windshield and back window. You can roll them down for SI. But if they are there they can't be damaged.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Not on the back window State inspection wise it's all legal it's left to the discretion of the police in PA. Because for SI the only windows that have to be there is the windshield and back window. You can roll them down for SI. But if they are there they can't be damaged.
Well i had a cop once tell me my back window dont matter, it could be a sheet of steel welded in as long as i got mirrors but he was gunna fine me like $210 for each window that i had 5% on because he put the light meter on it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well i had a cop once tell me my back window dont matter, it could be a sheet of steel welded in as long as i got mirrors but he was gunna fine me like $210 for each window that i had 5% on because he put the light meter on it.
Like I said it's at the discretion of the police that's why they carry those light meters. The municipality's cried they needed a revenue source so the state patted them on the butt and gave them that. I'd only do 35% on the sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
84sqbdy