Will 1992-1994 seats fit K5s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buicknut

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
I was wondering if the 92-94 seats from a Blazer fit the squares because They look similar but have armrests. Also the seatbelts.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If nobody knows off hand, I can figure it out sometime soon. I have seat bases from a later K5 and also some of those '92+ buckets.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The answer is yes, yes they will.

This is a passenger seat from a '94 (Suburban to be exact) and a passenger seat base from an '89 K5. The seat tracks are also from the K5. The bolt pattern is the same on the '94 seat. The pictures show it not bolted together, but sitting with the bolt holes lined up. The seat is in the rear most seating position.

You must be registered for see images attach

*please excuse the mess... still in the never-ending move in process*

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
One thing to note is the little cable on the passenger seat track, that enables the seat to slide forward for back seat entry. The Burb seat has nowhere for that to go (I don't think so anyway) but I'm assuming a Blazer or extended cab pickup seat would have that feature.

@HotWheelsBurban may know for sure

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
One thing to note is the little cable on the passenger seat track, that enables the seat to slide forward for back seat entry. The Burb seat has nowhere for that to go (I don't think so anyway) but I'm assuming a Blazer or extended cab pickup seat would have that feature.

@HotWheelsBurban may know for sure
The 2 door OBS Tahoe/Blazer/Jimmy/Yukon, and the OBS extended cab trucks, should have a flipper or a slider, to make the passenger front seat move for access to the rear seat. So if the '89 seat track has this feature, and the '94 seat bolts up to that track, it should work.....

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The 2 door OBS Tahoe/Blazer/Jimmy/Yukon, and the OBS extended cab trucks, should have a flipper or a slider, to make the passenger front seat move for access to the rear seat. So if the '89 seat track has this feature, and the '94 seat bolts up to that track, it should work.....

GM's interchangeability is simply awesome. I used to have a '77 K5 with later K5 seat bases and tracks, with '00 Sunfire seats bolted to them. I didn't care much for the seats, so they got replaced with S10 Blazer seats. I used a passenger side recliner mechanism from an 80's Cavalier, to utilize the cable for the quick slide feature. It all swapped around with no modifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko