White letters in or out?

White letters in or out?

• White letters in

• White letters out

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
i bought some new 33s. I always mount them white letters in. But I’ve been paying attention to how the white letters out look on these older trucks and cars. I kind of like it.

What do you guys think? Any pictures of your trucks with a good tire view one way or the other?
You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Out for Goodyears, Michelins, Bridgestones, Firestones, etc.

Han-what? Sorry, I wouldn't advertise that.
Hankooks are OEM on quite a few high end vehicles. Money wasn’t an issue. I know what you’re saying about a lot of the cheaper stuff on the market today though. I bought these based on previous experiences with this particular tire on a few other vehicles.

I got over 60k on my other 3/4 and 1-ton trucks with these, which is great for an a/t. I have over 30k with these tires on my element and they look brand new.

My go to h/t is a Michelin defender ltx.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
My go to h/t is a Michelin defender ltx.

Can't see it from my house. So if you like them, then I vote out.

Michelins are my go to also. Most of the other brands I mentioned I have a lot less respect for.

One I didn't mention,... Michelin stopped making the tire size my Jetta calls for. I ended up with tires from a company who's ads once proclaimed "Sooner or later you'll own Generals". I guess they were right and I've been extremely pleased with them. I'd consider them comparable to the Michelins in every way.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
White letters out- it was the "cool" thing when I was growing up and it still sticks with me today.

Blue Ox- General is a good company. Back in the 90's I had a set of their Grabber ATs. I abused them and they took everything I could throw at them. Rubber compound was very soft though. Great traction, poor tread life. General is now owned by Continental Tire which is very big in Europe. I have had Continentals on my S4 and my Touareg. Love them...

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Out for Goodyears, Michelins, Bridgestones, Firestones, etc.

Han-what? Sorry, I wouldn't advertise that.

I’m with you. I paid good money for my Jimmy’s Uniroyal Laredos, and they’re a good looking, traditional tire. I like showing them off. I’ve got some ole Hankook Optimos on my car, and I’m not showing them off. They’re a damn good tire, especially for how much they cost, but they’re a cheapie tire, and the lettering on them looks like it was done by someone at a music festival. My car’s an intermediate model with no landau on it so I like the all black, shined tire look versus the white wall/white letter look on that one. I think how you orient your tires has to do with the truck’s personality, too. Some of them can pull things off that others can’t and vice versa.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Sanded and ready for paint. I started on the ones that were original to my truck, but they weren’t messing around with the factory green paint and primer. Luckily @Craig 85 gave me a couple white steelies that the white paint flew off of with my sand blaster. Otherwise, I may have been here all night.

B.K. Cunningham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
25 Hundred
Engine Size
i bought some new 33s. I always mount them white letters in. But I’ve been paying attention to how the white letters out look on these older trucks and cars. I kind of like it.

What do you guys think? Any pictures of your trucks with a good tire view one way or the other?

Those are the same tires I have. On stock steels you gotta go white out.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
White letters out- it was the "cool" thing when I was growing up and it still sticks with me today.

Blue Ox- General is a good company. Back in the 90's I had a set of their Grabber ATs. I abused them and they took everything I could throw at them. Rubber compound was very soft though. Great traction, poor tread life. General is now owned by Continental Tire which is very big in Europe. I have had Continentals on my S4 and my Touareg. Love them...

So far the longevity looks as good as the Michelins I had on the car before, but the odometer is still out on that one. I don't know if the Jetta is the best metric for tires. It's so light it can't really push the sneakers to their limits. So for the car they're comparable to Michelins. I don't know that I'd be that confident putting them on the truck and loading it up with a bed full of steel stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8