Which year were hydraulic clutches introduced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
I'll throw my $0.02 in here...I have an SM465 behind my 454. Mine is mated to an aluminum bellhousing set up for hydraulic clutch linkage. I have had no issues with my bellhousing, and I put my motor and trans to use towing. I run it down the interstate around 60-65 mph on the regular. It will get up to 80+ if you get on it. But with the limited gear selection, even at 65-70, the motor is pretty wide open. Like I said, I have had no problems with mine. Having an overdrive gear would be nice, but at this time, its not worth the expense for me. It will all depend on what kind of driving you do with the truck regularly.

RustySS

Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
5.9 24V Cummins
Thank you kickdeez. I am going to stick with my aluminum bellhousing and four speed as well just to keep it factory. I don't drive it daily to justify putting in an overdrive either. It works good the way it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84