Which fuel sender to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
C10 long bed (Frankenstein truck)
Engine Size
73 Chevy C10, 327ci, Auto Trans, Long bed/Fleetside

The truck is set up for dual tanks, only one is installed (but I have the other one).. No selector valve, but switch is still in the dash... So 'at some point' in the not too distant future, I will be installing a selector valve and the other tank...

I plan to switch over from carburetor to TBI within the year...

I like the idea of the command center, which would prevent me from having to do all that plumbing, plus if ever there was a failure with the TBI, it would be a snap to switch back over to the carburetor.. Yet, I want to keep my options open to installing an inline FI pump with return fuel line and all that...

So, the current sender is iffy (might be a gauge issue but I want to go ahead and replace the sender while I am rewiring the truck anyways)...

I have three options on the sender, one outlet, two outlets, or three outlets..

Which should I get to give me the options I listed? and if any outlet is not used, can I just cap it off and not worry about it, or do they require all outlets be connected to work properly?

Also, The filler is not friendly to the newer gas station pump nozzles... What can I do to make filling the truck less of a hassle?

Thanks,
Mark
:cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat