What's the most dangerous tool in your shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I ran my 4 1/2" grinder without the shield for a while, but after notching several of my fingers I figured I better do something before I would damage myself to where I'd never be able to play the piano. Since the guard made the grinder so hard to get in tight places, or you had to adjust it left or right every few minutes for different directional cuts, I cut mine down to where it is only about 1 1/2" wide instead of half the circumference of the wheel, just enough to protect your fingers where you hold the trigger. Havent notched a finger since (knock-on-wood). By the way I still cant play the piano.

The most dangerous attatchment I have for that tool, that hasnt got me yet is a 4" wood saw blade. Every time I use it I get chills because I know that thing will leave bloody stubs, climb all the way up my arm, shoot across the room, out the window and down the street in about 0.02 seconds if it ever gets out of control.

Beatdown Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran my 4 1/2" grinder without the shield for a while, but after notching several of my fingers I figured I better do something

I just notched one of my fingers a little while ago, doing the same exact thing. Crazy how a little half-inch long notch took weeks to heal...

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
i notched a finger on my glove a little bit ago on the bench grinder grinding down a wrench. didn't even realize it until i took a drag off of my cigarette and noticed a white spot on my otherwise black glove. LOL

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Seeing as how I have almost no tools at all......I'm gonna' have to vote for my screwdriver lol.

87R10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Somebody beat me to it...I was gonna say me!

87R10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I have a story about a guy we had rent a belt sander from a place I worked at. Never, never, never sand a fireplace mantle whils standing on a chair and wearing baggy running shorts.

Everyone knows ths song that goes: here comes Johnny, hes a one balled man...

Yup, he let it get to close to his shorts which pulled it right onto his jewels...broke the damn casing halfway back to the motor....sucked it right in.

UGH!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Mine's a grinder and a punch.

rolling jacks are also dangerous on toes!! :)

proddy2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 3500 dually
Engine Size
350/sm465/d70hd
funny the tools get me waaayyyyy less than me being lazy and leaving sharp edges when im building brakets... iv realy gotta stop that lol

Brandon_l1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205
my grinder definitely i have ground part of my finger off, scarred my leg, and set my self on fire with it. not mention all the other stuff i have set on fire with it. I swear that thing hates me.

78shortandwide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I would have to say the grinder. Ive notched my fingers, knee, and arm more than once. Second would have to be my widow maker jack. Back when i put the 4" lift on my truck i had the front lifted up with the widow maker jack. I had the front leaf springs pulled out, i went in to get some lunch came back out and the front of the truck was sitting on the ground, good thing i wasnt underneth it.

75-250-KY

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
250 in line 6
Agree with the above - welder and cheater bars. Welding an exhaust system under the vehicle one day - hot amber burns through my sweat shirt ( it's one of those something feels hot moments) and I'm running around the driveway trying strip my clothes off- looked like I was being chased by a swarm of bees. Nice little burn track going down my arm where the tiny spec decided to dance.

A welding jacket would be nice - just never use one.

proddy2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 3500 dually
Engine Size
350/sm465/d70hd
im covered in beeeez!

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yeah, yeah, Zombie whatever. Lol. This looks like the best thread for this....

You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
most dangerous tool in the garage

You must be registered for see images attach

just reading through this thread and I've never seen a more decked out lawnmower in my life!

definitely have to give the most dangerous tool I own award to my makita dcs7900 chain saw. only time I've ever notably been injured by a tool other than whacking the **** out of my thumb with a hammer stapler putting up tyvek in the wind. coincidentally, when my left thumb was disabled from that slip up, one of my boars bit my right thumb while feeding them. it was an accident on the boars part and he barely made contact and released. he was a super docile pig, as most American guinea hogs are. they have freak strength though. life is definitely more difficult when you have two disabled thumbs. I now wear chaps when I use my saws and spread pig feed in the trough with a shovel.

lyf lessonz , n'sheit

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat