whats the best lift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I got Rough Country and main reason is because the others wouldn't warranty or advise their front springs being used with a big block. I have their 6" kit just not using the rediculous 4" blocks went shackle flip in place of them. I als got the Energy Suspensions bushing kit the RC kit came with poly but of unknown origin so they weren't used.

Tuff has the HD spring packs, one extra leaf for big blocks.

It's funny the others you mention don't advise big blocks as the spring rates are high enough for a Cummins.
A few years back someone from another site, I think perhaps CK5 or Pirate, found a list of spring rates from most
of the popular aftermarket guys. I don't now how accurate it was but my 'seat-of-the-pants' scientific experience
can't argue with it.
The higher the lift, the more the rate ramps up too. 6" was above 4". I would imagine again this is from the arch.
Anyway, dead horse stuff here and I have a job waiting...

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Tuff has the HD spring packs, one extra leaf for big blocks.

It's funny the others you mention don't advise big blocks as the spring rates are high enough for a Cummins.
A few years back someone from another site, I think perhaps CK5 or Pirate, found a list of spring rates from most
of the popular aftermarket guys. I don't now how accurate it was but my 'seat-of-the-pants' scientific experience
can't argue with it.
The higher the lift, the more the rate ramps up too. 6" was above 4". I would imagine again this is from the arch.
Anyway, dead horse stuff here and I have a job waiting...
Then let's end it right.lol

:beatdeadhorse5:

nathanpotts

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I have a tuff country ez ride that I bought for old 2500 Suburban because I heard good things about it. Its a 3" front spring 4" rear block lift with nitro shocks. I ended up never using it. If you're close to eastern PA I would let it go pretty cheap.
I’m in pa

nathanpotts

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I have a tuff country ez ride that I bought for old 2500 Suburban because I heard good things about it. Its a 3" front spring 4" rear block lift with nitro shocks. I ended up never using it. If you're close to eastern PA I would let it go pretty cheap.
Do you still have this kit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL