What's in your toolbox?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm not paying retail for anything, never have lol, I haven't bought but maybe 3 snap on tools, most everything else is kobalt or gear wrench, aside from bigger stuff from matco

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You're doing good there then. And you're going to get talked about and teased too for having that **** in your box. I've seen it happen over and over. I've got a set of deep impact Snap On sockets I paid $110 for over 27 years ago. Can't imagine what they'd cost today. At that price though, I can buy 2 sets of some other brand and still be way ahead on the money. That stuff is just ridiculous.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Just so you know, you fulla **** grasshoppa !!! You really think that 1 box is going to do it for you for your whole career??? No it ain't !!! Remember me telling you this in a few years. You MIGHT make it to age 30 before you decide to grow some more, but I have my doubts. I'd almost wanna bet you, before you hit 30 you'd be adding on.
I've got everything I need, maybe a better air hammer for bucking rivets, but I don't plan to go to truck side, I enjoy the fabrication side of trailers, cutting and welding axles, body panel repairs, installing king pins, been there for 3 years, I do all the same as the grade 1 techs plus more trailers in total, alot of my stuff is spread out in drawers, so I could gain alot of room with a bit of organizing racks and the such

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You're doing good there then. And you're going to get talked about and teased too for having that **** in your box. I've seen it happen over and over. I've got a set of deep impact Snap On sockets I paid $110 for over 27 years ago. Can't imagine what they'd cost today. At that price though, I can buy 2 sets of some other brand and still be way ahead on the money. That stuff is just ridiculous.
Not really, most of the trailer guys have offbrands, now the truck guys are stuffed full of snap on, but for what we do over there we might need to modify some tools, and a half inch set of snap on are like 500ish my gear wrench were 85 lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sears had some smokin' deals on GearWrench sets, probably still do. Is it good stuff, who else carries then and what is warranty exchange policy?

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Sears had some smokin' deals on GearWrench sets, probably still do. Is it good stuff, who else carries then and what is warranty exchange policy?
Anywhere that sells gear wrench, can send it in too, I bought gear wrench impact sockets and they are really nice

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
Well, after a trip to the Goodwill Outlet store near me and getting four buckets of tools for about $2.00 a bucket, my toolboxes are so full I can barely open the drawers sooo....I'm happy!

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
A mess!
You must be registered for see images attach
Here's a small sample of what I find in cars. That Kia parts car I bought from one of my buddies impound yard to fix my car after the accident had some stuff in the trunk. They didn't have key to the trunk to rummage through it so I got all the contents of the trunk when I hooked battery power up and hit the trunk button. Some high dollar Jordans and Converse shoes for my grand kits were in there, some Hello Kitty toys, some Military dudes on parachutes you throw up in the air, a real nice Nike jacket for my son and I kept this little tool bag. Most of it is Kobalt, a few Craftsman pieces, then a Stanley screwdriver and a no name brand small arc pliers and whatever that grabber tool is.

It's all the off name brand stuff like Kobalt, Husky and Stanley that I keep in my carry tool bags for the Pull A Part yards or in my car. This way my good **** stays home in my boxes locked up. If the carry stuff get's lost or stolen, I have no fux to give, I've plenty more of it at home to replace it. I get so much **** outta cars it's not even funny. I probably have 30 gas cans and 25 sets of jumper cables, I trash the very low quality one of save it for the heavier wire for amps and such, but if it's a mid grade or better set of jumper cables I save them and I carry a couple sets with me. I've been a pull a part before and a guy says, Man I somehow lost my 5/8 wrench, can I borrow one for about 5 minutes? I usually end up just giving him one if I don't need it that day or have a 2nd one in my bag.

I've seen a guy walking about 100 yards from his car on the freeway and stopped to see what's up, he's outta gas. You know noone will let you put gas in a milk or coolant jug these days IF THEY SEE YOU and if ask to borrow a gas can, they'll sell you one for $20, so I gave the guy a 2.5 gas can I had in the trunk that isn't my roadside service can. He had to find his own ride back the 1.5 miles to his car, but I save him a 1.4 mile walk to the station and gave him what he'd have paid $20 for to carry gas back to his car. That's the only reason I carry that ****, is to give it away. I've given people jumps on their way home to TX or out of town. I give them a set of jumper cables because they need a battery and not getting one until they get home the next day. In the event they stop for a piss or whatever, they may need those cables to get back on the road. It's alot easier to find a jump if you have the cables already.

HotRodPC,
Your a good man. Wish there were more people like you. Matter of fact, you remind me that I need to carry some extra stuff and try to follow your example. Inspiring!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hopefully those things payoff some day. Not even sure I mentioned it here or not, but recenlty stopped and helped an old guy struggling bad with a tire change. Crap jack and trying to break lug nuts off with a tiny 3/8 ratchet. :happy175: I helped him out and gave him a 4 way. I use a cordless impact, and do carry the 25in breaker bar for the occasional lugs that are to tight. As with jumper cables and gas cans from trunks of impound auction cars, I've got tons of 4 way star bars too and usually carry 2-3 with me, so I left one with that old dude too. I'd just rather see someone in need get the stuff than trash it.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hopefully those things payoff some day. Not even sure I mentioned it here or not, but recenlty stopped and helped an old guy struggling bad with a tire change. Crap jack and trying to break lug nuts off with a tiny 3/8 ratchet. :happy175: I helped him out and gave him a 4 way. I use a cordless impact, and do carry the 25in breaker bar for the occasional lugs that are to tight. As with jumper cables and gas cans from trunks of impound auction cars, I've got tons of 4 way star bars too and usually carry 2-3 with me, so I left one with that old dude too. I'd just rather see someone in need get the stuff and trash it.
I tried helping a couple nurses o e night on my way home from work, I just happened to have my tools I was bringing home for brakes, they denied me helping, got down the road and it started pouring, turned around and went back and they denied me again, came back through the next day and the car was still sitting there with the wheel still on it and it on a scissor jack, idk if they didnt trust me or what, I'm not a big dude lol, but the car sat there for a week and eventually had a tow sticker from the police, I passed as they was loading it on the police wrecker for impound ‍

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sux to be them !!!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I tried helping a couple nurses o e night on my way home from work, I just happened to have my tools I was bringing home for brakes, they denied me helping, got down the road and it started pouring, turned around and went back and they denied me again, came back through the next day and the car was still sitting there with the wheel still on it and it on a scissor jack, idk if they didnt trust me or what, I'm not a big dude lol, but the car sat there for a week and eventually had a tow sticker from the police, I passed as they was loading it on the police wrecker for impound ‍

It’s because women are ******* crazy and afraid of their own shadows.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Idk if this threads about home type tool boxes or the one thats mounted in my truck but the one in my truck has EVERYTHING!!! Right down to a distributor, another carb, all kindsa bolts from every wich where on the truck and even a can of beer and a can of spam for survival should i break down.... also such things as safety green reflective jacket, and rain poncho. Call me odd but...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Idk if this threads about home type tool boxes or the one thats mounted in my truck but the one in my truck has EVERYTHING!!! Right down to a distributor, another carb, all kindsa bolts from every wich where on the truck and even a can of beer and a can of spam for survival should i break down.... also such things as safety green reflective jacket, and rain poncho. Call me odd but...
A tool box is a tool box so yeah it counts. But if no pics, it's not true !!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It’s because women are ******* crazy and afraid of their own shadows.

Yes they are. Because I operate a service car instead of a service truck, when I show up on those late night calls some people tend be skiddish until they realize I am the motorclub provider that was dispatched. For that reason, I do make sure I wear a uniform shirt and try to call the customer on the way and let them know I'm not in a truck that I'm in a car.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Your not ODD your goofy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave