What's in your toolbox?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Ohhh NO, don't make me have to do this??? Do we have to??? Well OK then, I'll have to work on it. That's lots of pics. Not a bad idea to have them though for insurance purposes so I may as well play along too. Just gimme some time.

Thats was part of the reason I did it just to have and if somthing happens got it all pictured

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Ill be going that's a 100$ ratchet and there's a ratchet I found on the side of the road and got it oiled up and its still worth somthing lol

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Still needs organized , a few drawers are just paper work and rattle can storage
You must be registered for see images attach

And someday, that won't be enough.. Lol ;)

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Here's a little sneak peak at mine. Love this box and can't wait to retire from wrenching (I have a dream section-20 years from now) or if I ever make a change and stop wrenching, it will make it's home in my garage. The pop corn peanut picture is what the guys I worked with at the Cat dealer did the last day I worked there before taking the job I'm at. They almost got away with it, but the straps for tying it down were in the bottom left drawer, still laugh about that one even though cleaning it out was a pain in the butt!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ill be going that's a 100$ ratchet and there's a ratchet I found on the side of the road and got it oiled up and its still worth somthing lol
Every piece of Craftsman, Snap On, Klein,, etc tool I find all rusted up in cars, side of the road, in impounded unclaimed cars etc, is a brand new tool if it's not in working condition. Hell yes I take it. Then right to Sears or the Snap On truck and get it replaced. There's no such that as a bad tool if it's got the right name brand on it. I just swapped the one of the nicer ratchet 14mm combo wrenches. The one with the offset and the switch for counter or clockwise. I found it in a car and the ratchet box end was seized. Gotta brand new one now and 14mm is a common used size. I've swapped broken sockets, stripped screwdrivers etc. I've got a set of Klein long nut drivers, 2 of which are broke I need to get exchanged. I found that set in a toolbox left in a drunk's truck that he never claimed.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here's a little sneak peak at mine. Love this box and can't wait to retire from wrenching (I have a dream section-20 years from now) or if I ever make a change and stop wrenching, it will make it's home in my garage. The pop corn peanut picture is what the guys I worked with at the Cat dealer did the last day I worked there before taking the job I'm at. They almost got away with it, but the straps for tying it down were in the bottom left drawer, still laugh about that one even though cleaning it out was a pain in the butt!

That's a nice one. :happy175: Grown men play games too. Shouldn't have been to bad to clean up. I'da left it right there before I loaded it. Turn the air down to about 35-40psi and blow gun that **** all over their shop to clean the drawers out and then load it up and go, let them have their mess and you get the last laugh.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here's a small sample of what I find in cars. That Kia parts car I bought from one of my buddies impound yard to fix my car after the accident had some stuff in the trunk. They didn't have key to the trunk to rummage through it so I got all the contents of the trunk when I hooked battery power up and hit the trunk button. Some high dollar Jordans and Converse shoes for my grand kits were in there, some Hello Kitty toys, some Military dudes on parachutes you throw up in the air, a real nice Nike jacket for my son and I kept this little tool bag. Most of it is Kobalt, a few Craftsman pieces, then a Stanley screwdriver and a no name brand small arc pliers and whatever that grabber tool is.

It's all the off name brand stuff like Kobalt, Husky and Stanley that I keep in my carry tool bags for the Pull A Part yards or in my car. This way my good **** stays home in my boxes locked up. If the carry stuff get's lost or stolen, I have no fux to give, I've plenty more of it at home to replace it. I get so much **** outta cars it's not even funny. I probably have 30 gas cans and 25 sets of jumper cables, I trash the very low quality one of save it for the heavier wire for amps and such, but if it's a mid grade or better set of jumper cables I save them and I carry a couple sets with me. I've been a pull a part before and a guy says, Man I somehow lost my 5/8 wrench, can I borrow one for about 5 minutes? I usually end up just giving him one if I don't need it that day or have a 2nd one in my bag.

I've seen a guy walking about 100 yards from his car on the freeway and stopped to see what's up, he's outta gas. You know noone will let you put gas in a milk or coolant jug these days IF THEY SEE YOU and if ask to borrow a gas can, they'll sell you one for $20, so I gave the guy a 2.5 gas can I had in the trunk that isn't my roadside service can. He had to find his own ride back the 1.5 miles to his car, but I save him a 1.4 mile walk to the station and gave him what he'd have paid $20 for to carry gas back to his car. That's the only reason I carry that ****, is to give it away. I've given people jumps on their way home to TX or out of town. I give them a set of jumper cables because they need a battery and not getting one until they get home the next day. In the event they stop for a piss or whatever, they may need those cables to get back on the road. It's alot easier to find a jump if you have the cables already.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
And someday, that won't be enough.. Lol ;)
There's more in there in lol, but I work on the same trailers everyday. Haven't bought a tool for work in awhile, hopefully the box is the last I will need

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I could never have a nice snap-on box it would just get scratched and i would get pissed when i notice the scratches. everyone at my work would scratch the box to piss me off knowing them. lol
All but one person is respectful of others stuff. Scratches happen, dust and getting slathered with chemicals is gonna happen, but the box is definitely better painted than Matco, and hasn't scratched nearly as bad as the cheaper boxes I've had

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
All but one person is respectful of others stuff. Scratches happen, dust and getting slathered with chemicals is gonna happen, but the box is definitely better painted than Matco, and hasn't scratched nearly as bad as the cheaper boxes I've had

i suppose i just can justify a snap-on box yet

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
i suppose i just can justify a snap-on box yet
I'm 23, I bought the box to last me my career, so 40+ years in worst case, so I decided to invest into one box, it helps alot that I have less than 8k in everything

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
So far...
I'm not paying retail for anything, never have lol, I haven't bought but maybe 3 snap on tools, most everything else is kobalt or gear wrench, aside from bigger stuff from matco

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm 23, I bought the box to last me my career, so 40+ years in worst case, so I decided to invest into one box, it helps alot that I have less than 8k in everything

Just so you know, you fulla **** grasshoppa !!! You really think that 1 box is going to do it for you for your whole career??? No it ain't !!! Remember me telling you this in a few years. You MIGHT make it to age 30 before you decide to grow some more, but I have my doubts. I'd almost wanna bet you, before you hit 30 you'd be adding on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat