What Spray In Bedliner Should I use???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
I'm looking for recommendations on spray in bedliners. What brand do you like and why? I plan to get one done in a week or two.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
My last truck had a Rhino Liner and my next one will too. One day I didn't know a battery I was carrying had tipped over on it's side and it laid there dripping acid for twelve hours. When I cleaned it up the only damage was a slight grayish color where the liquid was instead of the usual black. It didn't eat into the liner at all and looked like new after I sprayed some Back To Black bumper shine on it.

Don't know how far you're willing to travel though, looks like the closest Rhino installer to you is down in OKC. There's one in Clinton and Chandler as well.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
A lot of people I know went with Line-X. I just painted my whole truck with Rustoleum bed liner paint.lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I don't know if how they spray it changes the texture, or if each is different, but all the Rhino liners I've seen had the coarser texture, and the Line-X seemed to have the smoother finish. I guess it depends which you prefer. I always thought that the coarse finish would be a PITA to get dirt and mud out of, but would be less likely to let cargo slide around. I used a do-it yourself kit from Al's Liners on the inside of my Jeep, after the guys in JP Magazine used it on a project they had. Wasn't that impressed with it. It worked ok, but you couldn't get any build to it to get a thickness like the pro bedliner jobs get. And, the coverage didn't go half as far as advertised.

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
I don't know if how they spray it changes the texture, or if each is different, but all the Rhino liners I've seen had the coarser texture, and the Line-X seemed to have the smoother finish. I guess it depends which you prefer. I always thought that the coarse finish would be a PITA to get dirt and mud out of, but would be less likely to let cargo slide around. I used a do-it yourself kit from Al's Liners on the inside of my Jeep, after the guys in JP Magazine used it on a project they had. Wasn't that impressed with it. It worked ok, but you couldn't get any build to it to get a thickness like the pro bedliner jobs get. And, the coverage didn't go half as far as advertised.

Yeah, that's always what I've heard when you do it yourself, it never ends up very thick. And the do it yourself kits are over $100. I've heard a lot of good about Line-X, but never used it.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Yeah, that's always what I've heard when you do it yourself, it never ends up very thick. And the do it yourself kits are over $100. I've heard a lot of good about Line-X, but never used it.

For what it's worth, when my truck's ready, the inside of the bed will be getting Line-X'd.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
You must be registered for see images attach
I had Line x in my duramax bed....imo way overpriced. I did some extensive research in my area and found a local famiily owned and operated shop that does spray in bedliners. I am extremely happy with the work. They also spray the inside of tanks, fenders, boat hulls etc. The company is called Universal Linings.

I initially met the owners at the sand sport show held last year in Scottsdale, Az. He took the time to give me a quote and set up spray time. He worked around what time was convienient for me. The entire process took 3 hours and he made sure that everything was to my liking before paying the bill. The complete job was $325 ( he took off $50 from me being at the sand show booth)

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I've used Upol Raptor 4 times now, no complaints.

pumahunter

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
The bomb squad trucks at work take a beating with heavy equipment going in and out. The Commander that runs the unit is a pure truck/car guy for researches stuff through and through. All dept. Trucks have moved over to "Line-X" not because it was better but because it suited the purpose. He said the new "Rhino Liner" is a softer compound and as stated has a course finish, he said for a personal truck that would be his choice because items would not slide back and forth due to the texture plus it was easier to the knees. I have Rhino Liner in my POV and think it's the best!

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I had Line-X do my C30 2 or 3 years ago. I got it with the "extra" coating that made it more shiny. I like it alot. It's held up pretty good ever since, although the florida sun has dulled the finish a bit.

Which reminds me that I need to take it back in to get a couple chunks fixed. Some rusty spots peeled a bit off.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
I have done some research into this b/c I was looking too.
So from what I have read, the basic chemicals are the same. In any bedline. Line-x, Rhino, whatever other brand.
Now... Line-x is hot applied. All installers of Line-x have to install it a certain way.
Rhino line is up to the installer. So it can be applied many different way.
Usually line-x is thinner b/c it is hot installed and follows the curves of the bed more b/c its thinner. But that doesnt mean thinner is less resistant. Thats just how its applied. If you get it color matched, get the extra protection for it b/c the sun will make it fade, like you see in all the black bed liners.

I am going to do Line-x. I dont like the thick course bed liners.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I did Line-X in my 2016 Ram and will do the same in my K30 after its painted. My son had a truck with Line-X that was over 10 years old. Other than being a little faded, it held up great. Granted it did not get heavy use, but was always parked outside.