What lift should I get on the k20?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sucretrou

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So I'm new here and not the best at working on engines or very mechanically inclined for that matter. So I bought a 85 k20 350. It's running perfectly so far and it's all great. But I want to add a lift to fit 37s. I want to use it as a daily but do want the off road capabilities if I wanted them. So my question is what brand lift and how much lift should I get? Thanks in advance.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Oh dear...

You have to tell us more. Just how much off road juju do you want? Some guys think a logging road is off road.

If you really want to make this truck preform off road, "lift" isn't part of the equation.

High 'lift' spring will have big arches which suck for serious off road work because........
they don't flex... they don't droop and that my friend is what you will need to keep the rubber on mother earth.

The best leaf spring rock crawler trucks use 2" lift springs with loooong shock and cut the ever living bejeezus out of the sheet metal
to clear the tires.

Body lift 1" MAX.

Sucretrou

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well really I don't want any real hard rock crawling or anything too extreme. Some mud/ snow type of situations. I mean I don't want the lift for the sole purpose off reading, I really just want the look of it but I still would want that suspension lift. So really it's more for the look and if I did want to clear something higher than I could.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Do I smell mall crawler....sniff sniff. Lol

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
welcome to the site

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
My blazer with 8 inch skyjacker springs and a longer shackles with a 1 inch 0 rates all around for a total of 9 inch lift , flexes great , with a great ride on the street , (no sway bar of course) , 75 mph on the highway is so sweet even my wife loves driving it. It flexes so far that i have to put bump stops on it , (broke the t-case on compression) and had to have a long slip yoke driveshaft made to handle the travel. I did not build it to be a rock crawler but to be good off road in all conditions , (it does do really well in the rocks though) , and so anyone can drive it down the highway with ease. So I think its all about setting your suspension with the right parts for what you plan to use it for. I was going to go with custom springs but my set up works really well all around so I am happy with it. I also have a mall queen as well with a 10 inch lift and a 3 inch body lift , (never goes off road) , so dont care about flex , just looks with my crew cab.

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
My blazer with 8 inch skyjacker springs and a longer shackles with a 1 inch 0 rates all around for a total of 9 inch lift , flexes great , with a great ride on the street , (no sway bar of course) , 75 mph on the highway is so sweet even my wife loves driving it. It flexes so far that i have to put bump stops on it , (broke the t-case on compression) and had to have a long slip yoke driveshaft made to handle the travel. I did not build it to be a rock crawler but to be good off road in all conditions , (it does do really well in the rocks though) , and so anyone can drive it down the highway with ease. So I think its all about setting your suspension with the right parts for what you plan to use it for. I was going to go with custom springs but my set up works really well all around so I am happy with it. I also have a mall queen as well with a 10 inch lift and a 3 inch body lift , (never goes off road) , so dont care about flex , just looks with my crew cab.

I love that big yellow sum bitch!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg