What is this part on the intake manifold??!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87Hi-v15HND

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
i cannot find any info on this. I wanna say it’s a vacuum advance but I cannot find any info on the net about them being “external” or the mounting hardware...

87Hi-v15HND

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500
Engine Size
I have a new motor that’s gonna be shipped this Tuesday and I want everything to be brand new on it. But this is the only item I can’t find anywhere. Don’t wanna swap this rusty hunk a junk... Knowledge and links would be great fellas

87Hi-v15HND

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500
Engine Size
where is the EGR solenoid? im not sure what that port is for.... thats where it was hooked up on when i bought the truck.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
The port is usually where the vacuum used for HVAC mode control and cruise control come from. The line splits at a check valve, goes on one side to the HVAC line, and goes on the other side to a black vacuum storage canister on the driver’s side, which then goes to the cruise servo. The EGR solenoid sits on a black carrier on the passenger side of the intake manifold that also has the ESC module and MAP sensor on it. Looks like yours has been removed, but the bolts are still threaded into the manifold.

87Hi-v15HND

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500
Engine Size
Also, does anyone have some kind of reference as to where all these vacuum ports from the TB hook up to? if the EGR wasn't correctly hooked up who knows if everything else was... i am suppose to be picking up the new engine tomorrow and hopefully ready to drop in this weekend. looking for insight on the minor details, thanks.

87Hi-v15HND

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500
Engine Size
The port is usually where the vacuum used for HVAC mode control and cruise control come from. The line splits at a check valve, goes on one side to the HVAC line, and goes on the other side to a black vacuum storage canister on the driver’s side, which then goes to the cruise servo. The EGR solenoid sits on a black carrier on the passenger side of the intake manifold that also has the ESC module and MAP sensor on it. Looks like yours has been removed, but the bolts are still threaded into the manifold.

yea i still have the carrier with the ESC and MAP just not in the picture. ill have to check and see if the solenoid is also there too and re-route that hose. once i get that re-routed, what should i do about the port? plug it? or is it necessary to have?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Plug it unless you want to run cruise, A/C with multiple settings, or a gauge.

87Hi-v15HND

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

unfortunately i am going off the top of my head since my truck is an hour away from me. i am pretty sure i do not have the air injection control valve or the air pump. if i do have them then i am clueless because i have never seen those on any of the SBC's i have had...

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
The diverter and pump are pretty much useless unless the truck has to be put on a sniffer or pass a visual inspection for registration. If you don’t have them, then you’re already ahead.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbcasterlin