What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
After the new cam install I started hearing a loud metal to metal clang. I set the truck aside and started pulling the engine apart to find the culprit. The top end moved like it is supposed to with just a little rocker slap. No sticky valves or pushrods, no broken springs so that wasn't the issue. I took the oil pan and timing chain cover off; nothing amiss there. But when I put everything back together the clang was still there.
So last night I'm under the truck staring up into the guts of the engine and can't see any cracked connecting rods, there's no play in the crank and there's oil on my face. I threw a little tantrum and in smacking things I found what was making noise. The torque converter had come loose from the flex plate.
Moral of the story: hit things and you find out what's not right.
Ive had that issue before too

ChevroletChic3318

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
CC
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 V8
Did you forget to put the boot on first?
Ha Ha see ya let the cat out of the bag!!! Garsh I was working my way off the Tard list @Blue Ox gee willigars! I’ll never fit in wif u all! [emoji8] I was just playing dear! You have plenty to do with spellchecking! [emoji56][emoji14]

<~HaNk~>

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Jacked up the front and started it to see if the wheels turned trying to diagnose the pull to the right.

They did not, so I swapped the front tires around .

Therapy after a frustrating day at work.

As a bonus, I know know what the pull is.

Downside is tire shopping I will now go ...

$'s :burnout:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Being ***** all screwed up..... @Goldie Driver have some fun with it. Put them on the back and burn it down, just be sure to post pics...

Nice idea, but would probably only happen if I power brake the hell out of it after dousing both tires in tranny fluid :rotflmao:

Translation: the engine, she be old and weak.
:sad72:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Nice idea, but would probably only happen if I power brake the hell out of it after dousing both tires in tranny fluid :rotflmao:

Bleach works too. Lol I got a Vanagon to burn rubber with bleach on the tires once. Lol

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

I know the feeling.... plus if i try that whats left of my gov bomb will come flyin out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey