What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Are you saying the last thing you’ve done to your’s is to curse it??

I didnt curse at all. Just walked over to the 03 Tahoe I have sittin in the yard and said that drivetrain is coming out sooner rather than later.

When life gives you lemons...LS Swap.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Pulled the old eddy for a clean out as shes runnin funny. Plus wd-40'd every moving part on my tailgate so now the handle springs back and realeses easy. (No pics) Plus just finished replacing the trans dipstick grommet wich lead me to find the trans mount bolts fell out so of course had to fix that...

You must be registered for see images attach

datto62073

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
nothing but put my TDI parts in it. once i get moved i will bring it down to work and rip the trans out to fix the pivot ball.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Getting ready to tear in to the ac system again. Just sitting in place for mock up. Need to recover the freon on the suburban before disconnecting things

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Havent driven it in a while and come outside to see a pool of tranny fluid on the ground. How does that happen?

Looked under and cant pinpoint where the leak came from since its apparently self lubricating under there.

...My 64 c10 does the same thing. Seems like the self lubricating technology dates back quite awhile in Chevy history.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Havent driven it in a while and come outside to see a pool of tranny fluid on the ground. How does that happen?

Looked under and cant pinpoint where the leak came from since its apparently self lubricating under there.
Could be a fluid drain back problem. It more then likely draining the converter on you.

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
250 Inline 6
I swapped the ole Saginaw three on the tree for a tH350 this week. I am ready to roll except I find the little rod for the detent cable inside the pan is missing so I have to find one then I'll be ready to roll.

As a side note, I love hand bending transmission cooler lines. It gives a great sense of satisfaction once it is done and looking good.

I also painted the grille black and did the emblem area in blue since there is no emblem there, still need to add the "eyeliner" to the headlight buckets and put on the bumper guards that I've been saving for years until i got another square body!

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Could be a fluid drain back problem. It more then likely draining the converter on you.
Well that doesnt sound healthy. Is that usually a bad converter or something like a bad seal somewhere? In any case, I've got the LM7 and 4l60E pulled from the donor vehicle so I'm gonna start tearing the burb down once I scrap the shell of the donor.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I swapped the ole Saginaw three on the tree for a tH350 this week. I am ready to roll except I find the little rod for the detent cable inside the pan is missing so I have to find one then I'll be ready to roll.

As a side note, I love hand bending transmission cooler lines. It gives a great sense of satisfaction once it is done and looking good.

I also painted the grille black and did the emblem area in blue since there is no emblem there, still need to add the "eyeliner" to the headlight buckets and put on the bumper guards that I've been saving for years until i got another square body!

Im liking the purple pan and blue converter lol

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
250 Inline 6
I did manage to hook up the speedo and paint the headlight buckets today, otherwise just a flea market day

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I used to have a '78 Big Ten as well and did the same grill and eyebrow deal. I think it always brings out the detail in the old girls face

DAMN!!! That grill really jumps at ya! I like that! Mine is factory with the black inside bezels. Im trying to swamp my nose to the inset 73 style grille thought. Good lookin big ten you had! :waytogo: im a very big fan of your stepper as i grew up around my dads 73 c10 stepper. Thats where my square affair began.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've thought about working on mine alot the last 3 days. Does that count for anything??? For me it really does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL