What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Drivers fender well to the tailgate, spare tire lives up front and front passenger side lives some sawhorses.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Ahhh! I thought you were doing one for insidethe engine bay.

Does yours tuck up under the bed rail? Side door or a top lid?

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Ahhh! I thought you were doing one for insidethe engine bay.

Does yours tuck up under the bed rail? Side door or a top lid?
It will tuck under the bedrail, with a top lid and a side door. There will be a floor at the same height the top of the fender well is (~4 inches depth) for sockets, wrenches, etc and then the side door will be for larger things like jacks, carb cleaner and brake cleaner cans.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
It will tuck under the bedrail, with a top lid and a side door. There will be a floor at the same height the top of the fender well is (~4 inches depth) for sockets, wrenches, etc and then the side door will be for larger things like jacks, carb cleaner and brake cleaner cans.

Alright cool stuff.

I wanted to make bins the entire length of the bed. Using the center stake hole as a way to mount them in place. Still haven't quite decided on if I should divide em up or just leave them open.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
We saw the tops of the lifters in another post, just no rollers.

Quite true. Seeing the roller after all the carnage may not be conclusive either. Maybe looking at the others will show a wear pattern that will tell us something. We also can't completely rule out defective parts or a lubrication failure, but if I was betting money I'd put odds on the mismatch.

Last edited:

84 C20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
scuddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 sb
so here are the lifters

You must be registered for see images attach

the one on the left is the one turned sideways on the lobe and the one on the right was on the chewed up lobe but straight in the bore/hole/lifter spot. On the left one you can kind of see some flat spots from it not being straight. On the right one you can definitely see where the chewed up cam was chewing up the roller. the really sad thing was that even with all this damage, the engine was running very strong....gotta love those 350's. they will run regardless of how stupid the operator is. adding insult to injury, the roller lifters really don't make any noticeable difference in my application. I'm not running big numbers anywhere: stock compression, stock intake, stock-ish exhaust. so all I've managed to do is spend good money to tear up my camshaft so I can spend good money to replace a bunch of parts.

from everything I've read, these types of results are fairly typical of this kind of mistake. I spent time this weekend kicking myself for not just leaving 'stock' alone. I'm ordering a new cam, new lifters and digging up the old rods to put my Gerdie back together.

But, I'm getting all this out of my system before I get the '51 on the road; or even in one spot.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I spent time this weekend kicking myself for not just leaving 'stock' alone. I'm ordering a new cam, new lifters and digging up the old rods to put my Gerdie back together.

did the same thing after finding my push rod.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Hauled some enriched topsoil and compost for some raised beds in the backyard. On the way there I went to air up the back tires and discovered the right rear valve stem core was sticky. Air was rapidly escaping so I had to put the little cap back on quickly find a tire shop to replace it. Luckily there was a shop almost directly across the street from the bulk yard where I was getting the material from. Got the core replaced, tires aired up, and all was good. But those tires are old, not sure how much more weight I'd trust them to handle.

84 C20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
scuddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 sb
Got the new cam and lifters in yesterday, the radiator will show up Monday. I've been pulling things off of the engine and painting them as fast as I can. I've got header wrap sitting on a shelf waiting for me to tackle that project. Soon I'll have a very Chevy Orange engine...

For a "free" truck I sure have spent a lot of $$. Granted, it's mostly because I'm ambitious but rubbish.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
ambitious but rubbish.

from the greatest show of all time. I mourned the loss of that show like a family member...it still hurts

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Pulled the hood when got home from work in an attempt to remove the cowl. Dang wiper arm has me held up on that for the time being.

Shifted gears and started in on the front axle. Pulling leaf packs and sway bar. New ORD goodies are going in as soon as I resto the leaves and get the bushings out of everything.

Kind of cool how they did these d60 front ends with two u-bolts on the driver side and one on the passenger side

Kyle Childress

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 silverado
Engine Size
current sad state of ole red