What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suburble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C20
Engine Size
You know AAA will hook up a...... Nevermind, there system is for OBD2 connectors. But AAA can run a complete diagnostic on your vehicle for FREE if you're a member. They also sell batteries. Not sure who makes them, but they're not priced to bad. And if you have a comparison price, sometimes they'll even do price match. But here's the advantage to a AAA battery, they will service it no matter where you're at, they will also come to you to warranty one if it went bad, and they give a 3 year warranty where most places only give 2. And that's 3 years NON Pro Rated. Be sure to ask your AAA guy about that to make sure it's still that way before I make a liar outta myself. But it used to be that way for sure and probably still is.

Yeah, I considered letting them sell me a battery, but I had a brand new one already (although discharged from sitting) already, and by the time they got anybody out there we'd have already missed our window for leaving on the camping trip with the group regardless, plus I'd still need to fix the alternator either way. Figured I'd just get the tow home and switch vehicles, since the 'Burb really seemed to be doing it's best to not go on the trip.

-Josh

TIE_Fightertk06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
1987s
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban Sierra Classic
Engine Size
350 TBI
Installed a tach this morning...

You must be registered for see images attach

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Well, it wasn't my square, but it used to be! A co-worker owns it now.

Did rear axle bearings and seals, all new rear brakes, front rotors, bearings, and pads, and completely flushed and bled the brake system. It made me all nostalgic working on my old truck, haha. :cheers:

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So..... wanna come paint my truck? :rofl: Looks amazing :cheers:

Lol-I spent the day on a 77 GMC for my father in law....aligning all NOS front end sheetmetal-fun fun. Its nice using GM stuff....everything fits like its supposed to! lol

TIE_Fightertk06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
1987s
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban Sierra Classic
Engine Size
350 TBI
New trans, swapped from a 700r4 to a turbo 400 I'm gonna have a ratchet shifter on the floor here pretty soon, and just little stuff to prepare for the 454 swap

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice. I'm looking to go in the opposite direction with my Suburban once I find a donor 700R4.

suburble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C20
Engine Size
Woo-hoo! Sorted out the wiring on the dual battery setup and got it up and running. Did it right, with soldered lineman splice connections and heat shrink too. I hate going the cheap crimp butt-splice route if I've got the tools and time to do it right.

Found the problem pretty quick- internal corrosion in the power lead from the firewall junction block going to the solenoid for the second battery... It fell apart when I started to unbolt it from the stud. I think just a little brittle insulation was all that was holding it on.

-Josh

Attachments

• Broken_wire.jpg
    Broken_wire.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Splice1.jpg
    Splice1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 112

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Went to the drag strip this weekend, me n gf want a motorcycle but I'm contemplating selling my 4wd square and buying a 2wd to tub out and make a pro class drag truck, all in all would be about 15k
The price of the bike we are looking at, I could get a lwb 76 for 300$, all rusted out and ugly (perfect sleeper right?)
Then slowly build the engine throughout the next year or two
I just need to talk her into keeping mine since it's only 300$ for the 2wd but it's long bed

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
There are several long bed street/strip trucks here. Probably more long beds. They just take regular old work or farm trucks and put big power plants in them and go racing.

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
Hauled around 17,000lbs of road crush over the past week.

You must be registered for see images attach

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Would just be a strip truck
Everyone I've seen has been a short bed
Long beds are usually cheaper and easier to find. Plus, when ya hook hard enough the added length will help keep the front plated to the ground.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128