What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Abby and I took Big Bertha to Hot Rod night at Top Notch Hamburgers. Had a blast. We worked on her for a while this afternoon too, got the turn signals working, need a new carb though, anyone have a 454 Q-jet around that we can use?

Attachments

• DSC_2708.jpg
    DSC_2708.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 117

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Scores for the day, saved from a 74 heading to scrap. Wish I could have got more but funds just weren't there...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Abby and I took Big Bertha to Hot Rod night at Top Notch Hamburgers. Had a blast. We worked on her for a while this afternoon too, got the turn signals working, need a new carb though, anyone have a 454 Q-jet around that we can use?

When I first got my C20 with the 454, it ran OK but seemed something was just wrong when I got on it. I looked through my carbs, ran the #'s to see what they came off of. It was a 350 truck carb. It's been on there now pretty much since I rebuilt the transmisson and got it running and it seems to run fine.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
When I first got my C20 with the 454, it ran OK but seemed something was just wrong when I got on it. I looked through my carbs, ran the #'s to see what they came off of. It was a 350 truck carb. It's been on there now pretty much since I rebuilt the transmisson and got it running and it seems to run fine.

We need a choke rod and probably the intake mounted thermostatic spring for her choke to work right and I think she will be okay. I will probably have to rebuild the carb at some point as it was ran with no filter until I put one in yesterday.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
Done a few little things to my truck the last few weeks. Installed new speakers in the dash, fixed loose driver side door hinge pin, finished installing 7 way trailer connector.

Bought fan switch for the factory aux. electric fan, haven't installed it yet because I've got to drain coolant and I've been to busy.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I took the passenger side mirror off, filled the holes with silicone caulking, and spray-painted​ over them.

Ungh. :grd:

Attachments

• IMG_20170509_000050.jpg
    IMG_20170509_000050.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

TIE_Fightertk06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
1987s
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban Sierra Classic
Engine Size
350 TBI
Rebuilt the shift pack on my A833 today, including all the shaft bushings. Shifts like buttah now, but still likes to grind downshifting into 2nd above 25mph. I'm going to rebuild that transmission some day... Next up is the bed wood, then suspension bushings, then a posi.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Cut and polished the hood after having it painted for the THIRD time...under warranty of course. Probably the most expensive hood I have owned...apparently it costs the paint shop close to $900 each time it comes back to fix. I don't feel bad. If they did the prep right it wouldn't have taken them three times to get it right. So far so good...its fresh and shiny.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Rebuilt the shift pack on my A833 today, including all the shaft bushings. Shifts like buttah now, but still likes to grind downshifting into 2nd above 25mph. I'm going to rebuild that transmission some day... Next up is the bed wood, then suspension bushings, then a posi.

That could be normal depending on your rear gear ratio. If it's a bad sychro, double clutching will take care of that.

TIE_Fightertk06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
1987s
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban Sierra Classic
Engine Size
350 TBI
That could be normal depending on your rear gear ratio. If it's a bad sychro, double clutching will take care of that.

3.08 back there...
It feels like a synchro, as it isn't very smooth upshifting into 2nd when I'm squeezing all I can out of that 305. At the very least it needs a go through after 280k to sort out the leaks. I'll see what there is to see then.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Put a new battery in mine. Need to pull it back out and clean up the battery tray.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I had extra clear left over so.....lol

Attachments

• IMG_2269.jpg
    IMG_2269.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 132

TheSquareGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wyatt
Truck Year
1985/1982
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
New trans, swapped from a 700r4 to a turbo 400 I'm gonna have a ratchet shifter on the floor here pretty soon, and just little stuff to prepare for the 454 swap

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

suburble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C20
Engine Size
Tried to get the 86 'Burb in shape for a Scout camping trip last weekend, but we didn't get off to a good start. The alternator and battery crapped out just as we were going to the meet-up on Friday night to leave. Had to take the '05 Sunfire up Saturday morning. All told, things could have been a lot worse.

I had just finished replacing all the coolant lines and t-stat, then the radiator because it sprung a pinhole leak once I started getting better pressure. Worst part was, I had a spare alternator and battery ready to go, but the brand new battery was only at 6V, so we had to call AAA rather than me swapping parts in the parking lot.

Yesterday I replaced the alternator with a 94A 12si version, built a 6 gauge charge cable from the alt to the battery, cleaned the grounds and the remaining battery cable ends, and everything seems to be running smooth. I'm not sure if the smoked connector in the pic is cause or effect. I did hear some good bearing noise from the old alternator before things went south, so I'm guessing the bearings fried and the resulting heat cooked the connector and wires.

Hopefully I will be able to take it on the next campout coming up next weekend.

Still to come: more sorting of the wire harness to get the dual battery setup back up to spec, a tune-up and emissions test, then hopefully fixing the AC and installing my Air / Fuel ratio gauge.

-Josh

Attachments

• Towtruck1.jpg
    Towtruck1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Connector.jpg
    Connector.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 94AMP.jpg
    94AMP.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Hoses.jpg
    Hoses.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 103

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You know AAA will hook up a...... Nevermind, there system is for OBD2 connectors. But AAA can run a complete diagnostic on your vehicle for FREE if you're a member. They also sell batteries. Not sure who makes them, but they're not priced to bad. And if you have a comparison price, sometimes they'll even do price match. But here's the advantage to a AAA battery, they will service it no matter where you're at, they will also come to you to warranty one if it went bad, and they give a 3 year warranty where most places only give 2. And that's 3 years NON Pro Rated. Be sure to ask your AAA guy about that to make sure it's still that way before I make a liar outta myself. But it used to be that way for sure and probably still is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84