What could it be? I'm about to poop on the floor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bedwards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Silverado
Engine Size
Hey Thomas, would like to see pics of your truck. I too bought one last Nov. with 19000 miles on it. I have been using it as a daily driver as long as it doesn't rain, then I revert to my old truck.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Since my square sits at weeks at a time. I make it a habit that everytime I fill up the tanks, I add Stabil to the fuel. The current gas at the pump goes bad quick if not cycled through and used. In my case, I had a surge while driving and it ended up being a partially clogged fuel filter (mounted underneath on the passenger side frame rail). The fuel in both tznks when I purchased the truck had been sitting for awhile. Yellowish silt was lining both tanks. Both tanks were pulled, flushed...both pumps replaced as were both in tank sock filters. Since the flushing, I have gone through at least 4 filters. Its a pita what bad fuel will do.

kenny78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer(2) k30&k20
Engine Size
Is ethanol free available in your area? I run it in every vehicle we have that uses gasoline. I was unaware that I was sold some e10. Cost me a qjet rebuild kit and about $50 dollars of 4 wheeler parts.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I guess I use gas faster than you guys lol, I don't have these problems really.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I have no problem running E-10 in my 454 with a Q Jet, but I only do it when I'm on a trip like to my dad's 70 miiles away. I'll buy the cheap gas to get there and back, but I usually only buy enough to make that trip then just before I get home I'll put 5-10 gallons of real gas in the tank and make sure it's in the carb to sit, not the E-10. In fact, my well plugs leak, so if I let this truck sit for over a day, the float bowls are empty and no gas is sitting in the carb. Now that I think of that, that's probably what has saved my carb. If and when I do build it, I'll use an Ethanol safe carb kit. Sometimes the price difference is .30 cents a gallon for real gas to E-10 and sometimes you're not near a station that sells real gas so you don't have a choice. I'd like to just replace the whole fuel system to be safe up to E-85 even though I probably won't be running that anytime soon. In short, make it Flex Fuel capable if I decided to rejet the carb. In a computer controlled vehicle, it detects that E-85 and tunes accordingly but can't do that on the old ones that are non computer.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I have no problem running E-10 in my 454 with a Q Jet, but I only do it when I'm on a trip like to my dad's 70 miiles away. I'll buy the cheap gas to get there and back, but I usually only buy enough to make that trip then just before I get home I'll put 5-10 gallons of real gas in the tank and make sure it's in the carb to sit, not the E-10. In fact, my well plugs leak, so if I let this truck sit for over a day, the float bowls are empty and no gas is sitting in the carb. Now that I think of that, that's probably what has saved my carb. If and when I do build it, I'll use an Ethanol safe carb kit. Sometimes the price difference is .30 cents a gallon for real gas to E-10 and sometimes you're not near a station that sells real gas so you don't have a choice. I'd like to just replace the whole fuel system to be safe up to E-85 even though I probably won't be running that anytime soon. In short, make it Flex Fuel capable if I decided to rejet the carb. In a computer controlled vehicle, it detects that E-85 and tunes accordingly but can't do that on the old ones that are non computer.

I don't live anywhere near a station that sells pure gasoline, but I live very near an ethanol refinery lol. The only thing I put pure gasoline in is my snowblower as a result.

I mean, it is what it is, I'm not driving 30 miles one way to hump a bunch of cans back.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I don't live anywhere near a station that sells pure gasoline, but I live very near an ethanol refinery lol. The only thing I put pure gasoline in is my snowblower as a result.

I mean, it is what it is, I'm not driving 30 miles one way to hump a bunch of cans back.
States like Cali, you can't even buy real gas at local stations if at all. So Cali gas don't even smell like gas. Summer blend is even worse.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well yeah, notice most of the locations are airports. I mean like at your local 7-11 or corner store.
There are a few independents, but no where as many as Az though.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
We've got them all over the place. If fact, all of our newer 7-11's have 87 Octane E-10 and then 87, 89 and 91 No Ethanol. Most of our On Cue's which is a 7-11 on steroids, Biggo nice bathrooms like a Travel Stop, A biggo beer vault and about 25 dispensors for fuel. They also have all grades. real gas, E-10 in all octane levels, Diesel, Bio Diesel and even E-85.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
There's not that many in AZ but just about every town has a few places, but it's only 92 and the ****'s expensive.:banghead:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54