What could it be? I'm about to poop on the floor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
In my area... SE PA, Iwish it was that cheap. They want up to $12 per gal for ethanol free. Just shy of what high octane gas for racing costs!! It's obnoxious. The only positive is I'll always have work on fuel systems here... especially small equipment like landscaping. I just hate the damage it does on the vehicles, especially my own!! grrr
2.39 for weasel piss e10 race gas is 10 a gallon e85 around 2 a gallon. If there were more e85 stations I'd be running it in my truck.so I will have to mix for now.

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.
Non ethanol 90 is the same as 93 here, about 2.79. And its easy to find here in the Rockfish Capitol of the World! I reckon that's one good thing about NE NC.

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.
Cam 2 racing fuel here is 8 bucks a gallon. The local airport sells aviation fuel for 6 bucks and will gladly pump your jugs full. Its leaded like the Cam2 and makes a pretty chalky white tail pipe.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
You guys went off on a tangent and I still don't know if he pooped on the floor...

I'm calling unsolved mysteries.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cuba

Likes to work alone in her woman cave
Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
Dag on it! Wished I lived in the south or farther west. Idk why such a price difference here. It's like Cali or NY prices vs the rest of the states.... insane on the gas though.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Saw 1.99 for piss water this morning, last I filled up with 93, piss water was 2.09 93 was 2.79
St. Louis Mo

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Cam 2 racing fuel here is 8 bucks a gallon. The local airport sells aviation fuel for 6 bucks and will gladly pump your jugs full. Its leaded like the Cam2 and makes a pretty chalky white tail pipe.
What octane is that c16 is 10 a gallon around hereVP.

Cuba

Likes to work alone in her woman cave
Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
Saw 1.99 for piss water this morning, last I filled up with 93, piss water was 2.09 93 was 2.79
St. Louis Mo

Our piss water is about the same... maybe slightly higher. Most of the statons are 10% but a few are trying hard to push 40%? plus on us.

Did you know it actually costs more to make the ethanol than it does to just continue producing regular petrol? The equipment used to make the ethanol use twice the amount of oil!! BS & gimmicks! And we're stuck with all the repairs & damage it causes our equipment & vehicles.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You guys went off on a tangent and I still don't know if he pooped on the floor...

I'm calling unsolved mysteries.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Mystery solved buddy. He thought he had to ****, but it was just a case of bad gas.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Our piss water is about the same... maybe slightly higher. Most of the statons are 10% but a few are trying hard to push 40%? plus on us.

Did you know it actually costs more to make the ethanol than it does to just continue producing regular petrol? The equipment used to make the ethanol use twice the amount of oil!! BS & gimmicks! And we're stuck with all the repairs & damage it causes our equipment & vehicles.
No so true. Ethanol prices are determined by the cost of corn. In the summer time, when corn crops are growing well and such, ethanol is cheap. Make no mistake, Ethanol is ethanol and is ADDED to standard regular old gas and because of it's cheap cost makes the ethanol blended gas cheaper. My bro drove a tanker driver delivering gas. He'd go hit one rack and fill the trailer with 7200 gallons of gasoline, then drive over to the Ethanol rack on the lot next door and dump 800 gallons of ethanol on top of it. Now you have E-10. 10% Ethanol.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
No so true. Ethanol prices are determined by the cost of corn. In the summer time, when corn crops are growing well and such, ethanol is cheap. Make no mistake, Ethanol is ethanol and is ADDED to standard regular old gas and because of it's cheap cost makes the ethanol blended gas cheaper. My bro drove a tanker driver delivering gas. He'd go hit one rack and fill the trailer with 7200 gallons of gasoline, then drive over to the Ethanol rack on the lot next door and dump 800 gallons of ethanol on top of it. Now you have E-10. 10% Ethanol.
I guess the ride to the stations is the mixing process......so scientific.:hmm:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I guess the ride to the stations is the mixing process......so scientific.:hmm:
That's exactly it. The sloshing around in the truck mixes it up. And it doesn't matter which order it goes in either. Sometimes if the Ethanol rack is empty an noone filling a tanker, he'd get his Ethanol first then go to the gas rack. I learned alot about gas with him working there. Like most fuel all comes off the same rack, same pipeline no matter what station it's going to. It's the additives that get put in it that make the difference. Like Shell has lots of additives and detergents added, but it's the same damn fuel you buy at 7-11. Conoco/Phillips66 is one that has their own rack and pipeline, but sometimes they even sell to others. Murphy's stations outside the Walmarts, same gas that is at 7-11 and most of the mom and pops but it's in the Murphy's contract it must be carried in a tanker lettered for Murphy's. He hated hauling Murphy's cuz he'd have to go park his unmarked tanker and go pick up an empty Murphy's tanker just to take a load to Walmart. And sometimes, he could load up 8000 gallons, and drop 3000 gallons here, 2000, here, 2000 here and 1000 here so make 2-4 stops with the same load on the same side of town, but if he had a Murphy's load then he might only a pull a 3000 or 4000 gallon load and then go back and drop that tanker and pick up his unmarked. Or, have 8000 gallons on and make 3 drops at 3 different Murphy's that much further apart on opposite sides of town or even in different cities.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
That's exactly it. The sloshing around in the truck mixes it up. And it doesn't matter which order it goes in either. Sometimes if the Ethanol rack is empty an noone filling a tanker, he'd get his Ethanol first then go to the gas rack. I learned alot about gas with him working there. Like most fuel all comes off the same rack, same pipeline no matter what station it's going to. It's the additives that get put in it that make the difference. Like Shell has lots of additives and detergents added, but it's the same damn fuel you buy at 7-11. Conoco/Phillips66 is one that has their own rack and pipeline, but sometimes they even sell to others. Murphy's stations outside the Walmarts, same gas that is at 7-11 and most of the mom and pops but it's in the Murphy's contract it must be carried in a tanker lettered for Murphy's. He hated hauling Murphy's cuz he'd have to go park his unmarked tanker and go pick up an empty Murphy's tanker just to take a load to Walmart. And sometimes, he could load up 8000 gallons, and drop 3000 gallons here, 2000, here, 2000 here and 1000 here so make 2-4 stops with the same load on the same side of town, but if he had a Murphy's load then he might only a pull a 3000 or 4000 gallon load and then go back and drop that tanker and pick up his unmarked. Or, have 8000 gallons on and make 3 drops at 3 different Murphy's that much further apart on opposite sides of town or even in different cities.

Thanks Rod for the post. Makes sense what your saying.

Like drug dealers, buy the product and then step on it for increased $.
Or whatever the multitude of shenanigans going about. When they de-leaded gasoline
they effectively ended the viability of cheap (production wise), powerful and reliable
engines. IMO.

Wow back in day, driving a fuel tanker like your describing... if you lived somewhere in between
'the loop' and had tanks at home... could be difficult to follow the Lord's 10.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks Rod for the post. Makes sense what your saying.

Like drug dealers, buy the product and then step on it for increased $.
Or whatever the multitude of shenanigans going about. When they de-leaded gasoline
they effectively ended the viability of cheap (production wise), powerful and reliable
engines. IMO.

Wow back in day, driving a fuel tanker like your describing... if you lived somewhere in between
'the loop' and had tanks at home... could be difficult to follow the Lord's 10.

Ohhh yeah, hard to follow at least 1 of the Lord's 10. Thou shall not steal... You can trust there were some perks for being a tanker driver. Wasn't supposed to be but there was. You know those biggo hoses that tankers use to fill the in ground tanks, and the tanks are just emptied by gravity flow unless it was pumped into an above ground tank, like at airports and such, like some construction companies would have their own above ground tank, or car dealerships etc, at any rate, you don't realize how much fuel can be capped off in one of those lengths of hoses.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not to mention a dangerous job. There are CDL tanker endorsements for a reason. 8000 gallons of sloshing fuel coming to stop is way different than stopping a truck and tractor of dry freight. My bro lost one job due to an accident. He wasn't even involved, it was his day off but it was still his Radar Detector, CB Radio and other items in this truck that he never got back. This accident was his other driver that he shared a truck with. It was a smaller company and they were way under insured. Needless to say, that company was put out of business due to one mishap when the driver swerved to avoid hitting another car. Close to 1/4 mile section 2 lanes wide of I-35 had to be completely repaved the evening of this wreck due to the heat literally melting down and destroying the asphalt of the freeway, burnt up tractor with my bros personal contents inside it, tanker and a couple cars. Been a very long time ago now. But he didn't have a truck to drive the next day to go to work. The article doesn't say it, but the tanker driver saved many lives that day. As people stopped and came running to help, the driver had kicked the windshield out of the tractor to get out of it and yelled run getting everyone far away from it just before it exploded and burst into flames.

http://newsok.com/article/1941733

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL