Well I'm phukd. Th400 lost 3rd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I used their **** once and that was enough, no I take that back TWICE, I have a Mega Shifter in the Nova, "POS"....
I have one of their shifters I have 30 bucks in it with the 8’ cable and a plate trans cooler internal trans parts hell no.... both them kits come with filters and a modulator.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have one of their shifters I have 30 bucks in it with the 8’ cable and a plate trans cooler internal trans parts hell no.... both them kits come with filters and a modulator.
Well, I got this one at a Goodguys show and it was the end and the vendor was packing up and they didn't want to load all the crap up, they were almost giving **** away, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it, lol.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well, I got this one at a Goodguys show and it was the end and the vendor was packing up and they didn't want to load all the crap up, they were almost giving **** away, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it, lol.
If I didn’t have the 400 1-2 kit in my trans and it wasn’t a Star shifter I wouldn’t have this one either lol

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
If I didn’t have the 400 1-2 kit in my trans and it wasn’t a Star shifter I wouldn’t have this one either lol
I keep my eye out for a deal on a Winters to replace that POS..

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size

Unfortunately that kit is for a TH350.

The TCI Th400 kits are much more expensive. Since money is a big problem here (see my other thread about "fixing" the parking pawl in my Camaro) I need to find something... less expensive.

What's so wrong about the B&M stuff? The Transkit seems to be decent. The instructions are very good. And it includes a shift kit.

If money was not an issue I'd hop over to Jake's Performance and get his kit, but at $450 that's not happening any time soon.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Unfortunately that kit is for a TH350.

The TCI Th400 kits are much more expensive. Since money is a big problem here (see my other thread about "fixing" the parking pawl in my Camaro) I need to find something... less expensive.

What's so wrong about the B&M stuff? The Transkit seems to be decent. The instructions are very good. And it includes a shift kit.

If money was not an issue I'd hop over to Jake's Performance and get his kit, but at $450 that's not happening any time soon.
Sorry this one is for a 400 I’m just not a fan of B&Ms internal parts or transmissions, Monster is even worse.
http://www.jegs.com/i/TCI/890/25900..._IE8MwazEJstbZn7Nc4KEvG39lGYqkrRoCaGEQAvD_BwE

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hmm. Not bad, it just doesn't come with bands. For the same price range I was actually thinking about the Summit kit. It comes with some pretty good parts:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-705021
Not to bad but it just says red clutches but I’m wondering whos. a lot of Summits rebranded stuff is Chinese. They could be throwing a few good parts in to make the crappier stuff more appealing. I don’t know for sure just food for thought. Google Th400 upgrades if you haul heavy with it it might be worth while putting some 4L80 components in it while it’s apart.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
It comes with the bands, but it's still just a "fresherupper"..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I've used that kit a few times it's a good one, it does have the yoke o-ring, and last two I got had the black fibre type gasket..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat