Well crap! Wife in a Car Accident.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 hours ago this car was virtually like new. Wife is fine, airbags didn’t even deploy. Drove the car home but the drivers door is just barely rubbing on the back edge of the fender. I can only imagine what the estimate will be as this car has a lot of sensors in the grill, emergency stopping, radar cruise control, auto dimming headlights etc. not sure about frame and alignment.

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
2 hours ago this car was virtually like new. Wife is fine, airbags didn’t even deploy. Drove the car home but the drivers door is just barely rubbing on the back edge of the fender. I can only imagine what the estimate will be as this car has a lot of sensors in the grill, emergency stopping, radar cruise control, auto dimming headlights etc. not sure about frame and alignment.

Eek, good she’s ok!!!!

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Bummer, glad everyone is ok.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I feel your agony as I too was involved in a car accident two weeks ago i was rear ended and the the that hit my truk couldn't drive afterwards. Hopefully she is ok...the next few days the pain may set in though.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your agony as I too was involved in a car accident two weeks ago i was rear ended and the the that hit my truk couldn't drive afterwards. Hopefully she is ok...the next few days the pain may set in though.

You’re right, we’ll have to watch out for that. I was pretty bummed out about the whole situation and then I see a news report showing the pictures of all the lives cut short in the Florida school shooting and all my worries are just pale in comparison to losing a child in such a senseless way. Life goes on but I can only imagine the pain and agony dealing with the loss.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Glad you/she’s alright. Don’t forget possible A/C damage with a squished condenser.

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Glad she’s not injured

My brother used to take the plastic bumper cover off and lay it upside down and fill the honeycomb crumple zone with concrete

Worked pretty good when some Dufus pulled out in front of him

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Concrete, hummmm, I’ll keep that in mind. I have come to the conclusion that these newer cars are designed to sacrifice themselves to protect the occupants. This was a very low speed collision, the air bags did not inflate but yet the whole front end is pushed over to one side and rearward enough that the drivers door touches the rear edge of the fender and the body gaps are opened up on the passenger side.

One of my biggest concerns will be the paint match because the car color is called diamond white and it is “pearl” finishof some sort. I’m quite anal about color match with the cost of body and paint work today. I would not want to be the person who is trying to please me.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Concrete, hummmm, I’ll keep that in mind. I have come to the conclusion that these newer cars are designed to sacrifice themselves to protect the occupants. This was a very low speed collision, the air bags did not inflate but yet the whole front end is pushed over to one side and rearward enough that the drivers door touches the rear edge of the fender and the body gaps are opened up on the passenger side.

One of my biggest concerns will be the paint match because the car color is called diamond white and it is “pearl” finishof some sort. I’m quite anal about color match with the cost of body and paint work today. I would not want to be the person who is trying to please me.
Use non shrinking grout. It will flow nicer and not tile grout either. Lol

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If the shop you take it to has their own mixing station and their painter is halfway decent, the paint will match well, especially with blending.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And therein lies my problem, I know several shops that have there own mixing equipment but the quality of the painters is still a mystery to me. I’ll have to do some homework on that one.

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Newer cars are designed to be as cheap as possible to slap together and to maximize damage in a collision , which means more $$ for the manufacturer either in repair parts or a replacement vehicle
And designed on purpose to be needlessly complex to prevent anyone from being able to repair them and to cause them to break down often

Does a car need a computer in each door to lower the window ?
They have em

Does a car need a 9” touch screen or 37 buttons to control the heat and ac ? When two sliders and a fan control accomplish the same thing
It’s impossible to adjust the temp in a modern car without taking your eyes off the road , in an old squarebody you can do it without looking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84