Washer nozzle 90 Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TC90V10

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 4X4
Engine Size
Does anyone know a source for the washer nozzles on a 90 Suburban? They are built into the arm. LMC doesn't carry them and a Google search says zippo.

Passenger side takes a weak leak and the driver side just won't flow.

I just changed the pump so I know it's working.
Thanks
Tom

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
For what it's worth, I've never been crazy about that design. When I drove truck, the International day cabs used that system, and we always seemed to have a problem with them freezing in the hose along the arm during the winter when it got miserable cold.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Have you disconnected the hoses at the cowl and verified good flow to both sides? Then try it with the hose disconnected just at the nozzles to verify the rubber hose on the arms is ok. If that's all good then try soaking the nozzles in vinegar and using a squeeze bulb to force it through them. You can get small squeeze bulbs that will fit the nozzles at any pharmacy for a few dollars.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
When you have to clear an obstruction from a line, it is always best to flush in the reverse direction of normal flow. Trying to clear it by flushing in the normal direction of flow will often just pack the debris more tightly together. Unfortunately in this case, due to the small diameter of the holes in the nozzles, it will be difficult to back-flush through them.

So you might consider this: As John suggests, disconnect the rubber hoses from the steel tubes (the ones that are bolted to the cowl). Pull the hose off the outlet side of the tube. Then while they are still off, apply strong suction to the ends of the hoses leading up to the arms. Where you get that suction is up to you. But if it were me, I'd wrap my lips around that little hose and suck on it like a $2 *****. It might take a few times, but I bet whatever is clogging those holes in the nozzles will pull free and come down the hose in the arm.

You must be registered for see images attach

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I've had good results putting an air nozzle up to the squirter, and blowing them out in reverse direction too

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
" But if it were me, I'd wrap my lips around that little hose and suck on it like a $2 *****. "

I about coughed up the ice cream I was eating just now lol

TC90V10

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 4X4
Engine Size
I haven't had a chance to try the back pressure to clean the nozzles. I disconnect the hose at the nozzle and let it flow out like a garden hose! I might try to find a different nozzle to and add it to the hose on the arms.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave