vibration 35mph and 70mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
As mentioned, it has a bit if up/down play, just hard to see if it is ball joints or bearings(i use a breaker bar for leverage).
Went ahead and rotated the wheels/tires and a bit smoother in the front. From research, solid axle trucks cupping tires in the front is normal and just need to be rotated often. But the wear on the inside is not normal.
Might just go ahead and order ball joints and bearings to replace on both sides.

... Is the truck lifted or lowered? May need to check your caster/camber. My trucks has cut coils in front and needs some bushings and end links, in less than six months I started seeing wear on the outsides of the tires.

4wd here

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Looking from a distance, either ball joints/bearing or bent axle?
You must be registered for see images attach

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Yevgeni,

I didn't have the vibration at exact speeds, but I did have a vibration while decelerating (just letting off the throttle and coasting to a stop).

Ended up have a crack 95% of the way around the hub with a shot wheel bearings.

The crack may or may not be related to the vibration

This may not be related to your issue, but doesn't hurt to check:

You must be registered for see images attach

MrFiveOh

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I had the same vibration issue at the same speeds roughly. It ended up being a bad trans mount that was torn to shreds.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
New wheel bearings(old ones were new but not torqued at all), checked alignment, and vibration still present. Not much, but it is there. Tire was showing camber wear due to a positive caster and the fact that I tend to take corners at speed. Trans mount looks to be in a good shape. Rear driveshaft u joints have been previously replaced, but the grease inserts are missing (california mechanic strikes again?). Tires do make some noise at low speed full lock turn, and I believe it is because of the caster being off.

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Added balancing beads to driver side tire, still same vibration. Also noticed that it ate up driver side shock. Before i installed current once, driver one was also the one that failed. Swaybar bushing on driver side is also tore up. Ordered another shock, new geasable shackle(i believe will fix caster), sway bar bushings and front greasable spring bushing.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Any luck figuring it out so far?

Wildjoe330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
wildjoe330
Truck Year
Itbp
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I wondered if rebuilding a 203 will take away the 50 to 65 pulsating Vibration Because these 203's are in the Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge? and I heard that a dodge had the same problem. let us know if anyone rebuilt a 203 and if it takes out the 50 to 65 mph pulsating Vibration. Thanks

77 K20, 50 to 65 mph pulsating Vibration, Was Full Time, Replaced front axle u-joints, Cab Body Bushings, Front Wheel Barrings gone thru, Upper Lower ball joints, New front pads, New Lockouts, Used Part time Kit, Rear drive line Balanced New U-joints, New Tires/Rims Balanced, New Transmission Mount, 350, TH350, NP203, 7/14 10:22

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
It has been better, but still feels like it is there. Now have new ball joints, tires and alignment. Rear drive shaft balancing is next. Have 241 transfer case, did not think about it causing the issue.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
It has been better, but still feels like it is there. Now have new ball joints, tires and alignment. Rear drive shaft balancing is next. Have 241 transfer case, did not think about it causing the issue.
Did you yell at it in the funny words?????

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I honestly can't tell if it still has the vibration. Sometimes it feels fine, but some times somethings comes through just a bit, but I can't differentiate it from a bumpy road surface yet. I probably will feel better after driveshaft balance and not notice it anymore even if it is still there.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I honestly can't tell if it still has the vibration. Sometimes it feels fine, but some times somethings comes through just a bit, but I can't differentiate it from a bumpy road surface yet. I probably will feel better after driveshaft balance and not notice it anymore even if it is still there.
Is it in the drive shaft? They can toss a weight and give you a ghost shimmy at different speeds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8