Vacuum bowl required?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
Is this vacuum bowl required any longer on my truck now that I'm running an LS3/4L80E? I've read that there's a vacuum line that supplies the HVAC unit in the cab but I can't see any vacuum lines going through the firewall. Was this only for trucks with AC? Mine doesn't have AC.

Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
You'll want to keep it, along with the check valve. The vacuum line (hard plastic) runs into the cab with the wiring for the blower motor. Even without AC, you need the vacuum ball to maintain proper control of the flaps in the heater box. Without the ball, they will open and close with engine throttle (vacuum to low vacuum situations).

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
You'll want to keep it, along with the check valve. The vacuum line (hard plastic) runs into the cab with the wiring for the blower motor. Even without AC, you need the vacuum ball to maintain proper control of the flaps in the heater box. Without the ball, they will open and close with engine throttle (vacuum to low vacuum situations).

You're a life saver man. Thanks a bunch. Will do.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Im pretty sure that accumulator also does the cruise control. If you had vaccum cruise still. I will tell you that its not hooked up in my truck, but then again, this maybe why the vent control doesnt work.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
Im pretty sure that accumulator also does the cruise control. If you had vaccum cruise still. I will tell you that its not hooked up in my truck, but then again, this maybe why the vent control doesnt work.

Good to know. I don't have cruise but sure sounds like my HVAC controls require the vacuum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDuke