Under dash heater core box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theramb99

Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
@DrewJuBee don't know what shipping will cost I forgot it's kind of big don' weigh much though. Never heard of the toothpaste thing lol

You must be registered for see images attach

OMG, pic #1 is beautiful, attachment 88023. I cannot for the life of me find one in NY. Did you sell it? Also, the white plastic hinge/latch, whatever its called that opens the door, do you know anywhere they are available??? Thanks, any help would be appreciated. Albert.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
OMG, pic #1 is beautiful, attachment 88023. I cannot for the life of me find one in NY. Did you sell it? Also, the white plastic hinge/latch, whatever its called that opens the door, do you know anywhere they are available??? Thanks, any help would be appreciated. Albert.
Ya I sold it have another one ac one though if your inteested

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Which do you need, A/C or non, and where in NY are you?

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Enlighten me what hinges? Sorry
I made it out to the barn for a second and pulled this out could this be the plastic hinge he is talking about? this one was broke at somepoint I see now

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I made it out to the barn for a second and pulled this out could this be the plastic hinge he is talking about? this one was broke at somepoint I see now

Oh ok lol now it makes sense.

theramb99

Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Oh ok lol now it makes sense.
Sorry for not getting back sooner, but yes that's it. I couldn't believe the amount of pressure those things have. I was playing around a couple of years ago trying to get some heat and defrosters going before winter set in. I cant seem to get good heat in this darn truck. Thought for sure it was the heater core, replaced it last year and still no good, basically just throws warm air. Also, has new water pump and thermostat, 195 degree. Is the box you have pretty much good to install, nothing wrong that you know of? And if anyone knows where to get those hinges please let me know. I would love to have a couple of spares, just in case. Every box I have found they were broken, which is understandable with all the pressure on them, nevertheless being plastic. I was thinking about having someone machine some out of metal, then there is no need to worry anymore. Thanks, Al.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Sorry for not getting back sooner, but yes that's it. I couldn't believe the amount of pressure those things have. I was playing around a couple of years ago trying to get some heat and defrosters going before winter set in. I cant seem to get good heat in this darn truck. Thought for sure it was the heater core, replaced it last year and still no good, basically just throws warm air. Also, has new water pump and thermostat, 195 degree. Is the box you have pretty much good to install, nothing wrong that you know of? And if anyone knows where to get those hinges please let me know. I would love to have a couple of spares, just in case. Every box I have found they were broken, which is understandable with all the pressure on them, nevertheless being plastic. I was thinking about having someone machine some out of metal, then there is no need to worry anymore. Thanks, Al.
Mines fine other then the hinge Honkys might not have a broke hinge not sure

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes