under bed supports and guards.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
Hi all,

I'm assembling my bed for the first time, and I've never seen a complete bed before.

I bought used(great condition) bed floor, wheel tubs and front bulkhead. I purchased new short bedsides from LMC.

Basically, I know there are some supports from the bed floor to the front lower part of the wheel arch. I also believe there are some mud guards as well somewhere. And maybe some covers around the gas fillers??

Questions is, what parts are needed to complete the bed that I am missing? I only have the major parts, so if I can identify what I am missing, I can go on the hunt to find them.

Thanks!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hi all,

I'm assembling my bed for the first time, and I've never seen a complete bed before.

I bought used(great condition) bed floor, wheel tubs and front bulkhead. I purchased new short bedsides from LMC.

Basically, I know there are some supports from the bed floor to the front lower part of the wheel arch. I also believe there are some mud guards as well somewhere. And maybe some covers around the gas fillers??

Questions is, what parts are needed to complete the bed that I am missing? I only have the major parts, so if I can identify what I am missing, I can go on the hunt to find them.

Thanks!
Mine has these in the front only.....
You must be registered for see images attach

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
are there any other sheet metal bits underneath the bed?

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
I tried to list everything I have. I have nothing that I didn't list.

without me knowing what is supposed to be there, I can't ask/look for it.

chicken or the egg at its finest...

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I tried to list everything I have. I have nothing that I didn't list.

without me knowing what is supposed to be there, I can't ask/look for it.

chicken or the egg at its finest...
Ok I will take a look at a blow up of a bed. 6 or 8'

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
From what I'm seeing....bed floor which should have a he cross supports, bulkhead, bed sides should have the tailgate posts unless you only got skins. Then there is the multitude of bolts and wheel wells and the support rods I pictured above.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
On the rear of the wheel wells there is a panel that serves as a mud/rock guard.

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
Ok I will take a look at a blow up of a bed. 6 or 8'
6.5' I believe. Shortbed. 73-80. Round hole filler.

From what I'm seeing....bed floor which should have a he cross supports, bulkhead, bed sides should have the tailgate posts unless you only got skins. Then there is the multitude of bolts and wheel wells and the support rods I pictured above.

No I dont think you can get just skins. I have the full bolt on bedsides from LMC. I'll get some pics of what I have today.

On the rear of the wheel wells there is a panel that serves as a mud/rock guard.

this is what I vaguely remember. When I bought my bed floor, it had a very damaged and destroyed bedside still attached I cut off/removed. I remember there being some other little pieces, but everything was so damaged I don't know their true shape or function.

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
this is how I have the front of the wheel arch support bolted up right now. doesn't seem correct on the top mount?? The tab doesn't sit smooth/flush. I compared the two bed supports I have and they seem identical, not left or right. LMC also lists them as being the same PN left and right.

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
I feel like a mudguard bolts in here on the backside of the inner fender/bedside. But I dont have pics of one and don't have any on my donor dually.

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
I have these filler/guards from when I got my bed floor and it had a trashed bedside left on it.

They are for the passenger side- but I'm still waiting on my passenger side bedside from LMC. They are on backorder.

Anyways, one goes around the fuel filler and one goes after the wheel well and looks like it keeps stuff from going up the bedside and/or in the tail light area.

Are there any other of these types of guards/shields/fillers? I'll have to get a set for the drivers side.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
this is how I have the front of the wheel arch support bolted up right now. doesn't seem correct on the top mount?? The tab doesn't sit smooth/flush. I compared the two bed supports I have and they seem identical, not left or right. LMC also lists them as being the same PN left and right.

Looks right to me. They are identical.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey