Turn signals dont work fuse blows right away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddiemack22

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
When I put a new fuse in it blows right away, but when I put a test lamp on the directional lamp side the test light lights up. When I touch the back up lamp side it doesnt light up. The turn signals dont work. With the hazard lights on all the bulbs light up. The truck is a 1976 Chevrolet cheyenne 3/4 2wd pick up

You must be registered for see images attach

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Did this just suddenly happen or did the fuse blow after some work was done?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
When I put a new fuse in it blows right away, but when I put a test lamp on the directional lamp side the test light lights up. When I touch the back up lamp side it doesnt light up. The turn signals dont work. With the hazard lights on all the bulbs light up. The truck is a 1976 Chevrolet cheyenne 3/4 2wd pick up

There isn't a TS/BU side to the fuse. That's just the way the circuits that the fuse protects are printed on the fuse block. A fuse has a line side and a load side. Think of the line side as the inlet side and the load side as the outlet side. Power flows into the fuse on the line side and out on the load side.

In the case of this fuse, the line side is fed power on a PNK wire. The load side supplies two circuits (directionals on the DK BLU) and (B/U lights on DK GRN).

Why don't you first try to isolate which of the two circuits is blowing the fuse.

The DK BLU lead runs from the fuse directly over to the flasher relay. If you pull the flasher, insert a new fuse and that fuse does not blow...the problem is in the T/S circuit. It is possible that there is a short in the DK BLU lead - but that is highly unlikely.

On the other hand, with the flasher relay pulled and a new fuse does blow...the short is in the B/U lights circuit.

You should hope that the short is in the BU light circuit - it will be easier to find the problem.

Do this quick test and report what you find.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969