Turn signal issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ritchie Powell

Reaction score
First Name
Ritchie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Have had major electrical issues the hazards have been running non stop I replaced the multifunction switch ignition cylinder and wiper stalk that fixed the problem. Now brake lights do not work but running lights do bulbs are fine replaced to be sure. Also left turn signal works as it should when I turn right signal on the 4 ways flash along with the license plate light BUT on the dash only the right turn signal flashes. NOTE when right turn signal is on the left side front and rear blink also but very very dim! I’m no electrician but have common knowledge thanks!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I’m about to win an Oscar for the stupidest question, but did you check/replace the brake light switch? The license plate light is flashing? This is with the headlamps off? Does it do it lamps on, or does it just get brighter with the signal on? If it were me, I’d follow the license plate light wire up to and along where it mingles with the rear harness and see if anything looks weird there. I’m talking exposed, frayed, or chewed anything.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

Ritchie Powell

Reaction score
First Name
Ritchie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Okay sorry I didn’t explain well enough everything electronic works as it should in the truck except the he right turn signal. When I turn right turn signal on everything except headlights flash. (Left side lights and license plate lights but they are very dim compared to right side) does this wether headlights are on or off truck running or not I have followed all wiring from both tails to license plate nothing cut exposed or frayed. Another factor brake lights do not work. When they do work the right turn signal only comes on and stays lit no blinking it’s intermittent problem I have replaced grounds all over truck

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
You could try to unplug the fuses for lights, flashers etc. and plug it in again if nothing changes. Maybe you can isolate the circuit which causes the troubles. Also unplug the flasher relay and see what happens.

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
Okay sorry I didn’t explain well enough everything electronic works as it should in the truck except the he right turn signal. When I turn right turn signal on everything except headlights flash. (Left side lights and license plate lights but they are very dim compared to right side) does this wether headlights are on or off truck running or not I have followed all wiring from both tails to license plate nothing cut exposed or frayed. Another factor brake lights do not work. When they do work the right turn signal only comes on and stays lit no blinking it’s intermittent problem I have replaced grounds all over truck

you have a bad ground on one of the right side lights. since the ground is bad the electric current follows the parking light circuit and lights these bulbs looking for a ground.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli