Turn signal blinkers not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I rewired truck and installed led bulbs in turn signal but the blinker will not blink, I installed led flasher also, swapped the hazard flasher to check flasher still the same problem, hazards work fine, turn signal will not flash with key turned on and the amber will light up but not blink, also the amber only comes on when park lights are on

brewster21

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You need one of those converters that changes it from 12v to led because currently the flasher is having such a weird voltage it senses that the bulb went out so you need something to convert the volatages, sorry I don't really know the specifics but maybe someone else can give you a lot more info

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I would retrace my steps and double check my wiring.

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Breaking out my test light

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
I rewired truck and installed led bulbs in turn signal but the blinker will not blink, I installed led flasher also, swapped the hazard flasher to check flasher still the same problem, hazards work fine, turn signal will not flash with key turned on and the amber will light up but not blink, also the amber only comes on when park lights are on

oh oh oh I know this one the led bulbs don't draw enough power to make the flasher work there is a little led resistor that you need to wire in with the rear bulbs to make them work you can get the resistors from Walmart put them in then all will work as it should

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
How many do it takes, do you have to do both sides

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Its due to such a small load for turns, but high enough when using the hazards.

To get around the use of load resistors all together, I left the incandescent bulbs in the taillights and converted everything else to led.

Don't really like how white leds turned out for most of the lights. Amber side markers turned a weird washed out yellow for me.

For quantity,

You need:
2x 1157 - front turn signals
4x 194 / 168 - side markers
2x 1157 - rear taillights
2x 1156 - reverse lights

If I remember correctly, 1157's are also known as BAY15D (bayonet style, 15mm, dual contacts)

Last edited:

SkinnyTones

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 GMC Jimmy
Engine Size
350 Small Block
Reverse Lights not working.

So i have a 1987 gmc jimmy and my reverse lights dont work but the wire from the front of the trcuk to the back is in good shape, i ran power thru it and it lit up. but the wire goes into the cab into a little 2 wire plug but i have no idea where i am supposed to plug in the wire but once i gave it power it all works which makes me happy but i just dont know where to plug it in. anyone know where itd go? maybe the back of the fuse panel? also i couldnt figure out how to post my own thread which is why i found this one and posted here.

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Using my test light the purple wire to the steering column has no power on eitherside of plug , I checked fuse and its good and I pulled the flasher out and checked power to it it has power to one side, I checked the power using conventional and led flasher same result

Schanen51

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 detroit diesel
So you installed the actual LED flasher as well? Or just the flashing bulbs? What kind of LEDs did you buy? When I replaced my blinkers with LEDs, I had to use a sautering iron to "build up" the connections on the bottom of the bulb to make them fit in the socket correctly. Once I built it up enough to make solid contact, it was smooth sailing from there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boukeelynn