True Trac or Spool or Detroit Locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdaddy11

Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
383 stroker
Depends partly on tire size. I'm running 295/50/15's on mine with a 3500 stall and it moves the lead sled pretty damn good. I need a set of ladder bars on it to get better traction and less spring wrap, not planning on any more than that though. With your 700r4, having the 3.06 first gear gets you off the line better than say my th350, if you build it like a TCI street fighter and have maybe around a 2800-3000 stall depending on your cam, that would give you a pretty good launch I would think. The only downside is making sure to keep the TV cable adjusted proper.
Yea I'm still undecided what sure of tire I'm going up too. Probably as big as I can with the drop kit before rubbing occurs. Got lots of reading to do as I just hooked up the tv with slight tension but I may need to take it in to get adjusted. Under normal acceleration it feels fine. But under full throttle not liking it too much.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I will have to look into doing that possibly, full throttle as soon as it down gears seems like it loses all it's power. Expected a but more our of it but I know gears will help a lot. It's also a stock 700r4 so I might be expecting more then i should out of it.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Yeah, they can always use improvement,lol, also if you fall off the power/torque range of the motor wether it be above or below that has an impact on things too, that's where the rear end gears come into play.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28