TRUCK COVER ADVICE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
1977 Chevrolet 454 Burb, 1976 Sierra 15 long bed
Truck Model
Sierra 15
Engine Size
454, 350
I am losing a spot in my garage to park my 1976 GMC long bed...I hate to put it outside but I have no other choice or sell it. Does anyone have experience with THE VERY BEST car cover out there..don't want moisture trapped underneath the truck! Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I tried the "top of the line" truck cover sold by LMC Truck. What a co m plete waste of time and money. Piece of **** feel apart (actual fabric that was designed to wick away moisture...4 layer b.s.)....only last 2 years before disintegration. I ended up buying a portable metal shade canopy and covering it with a 95 percent daylight block tarp purchased from a local supplier. This local supplier..."Az Bag Company" manufactures tarpolines of all shapes and sizes for the agriculture industry as well as playgound shading. Definately has lasted much longer than any car cover I have purchased before. My tarp is going on 15 years of use. The portable metal cover is log gone, but the tarp I still have. The tarp measures 25ft long x 18ft wide, rivets around the perimieter every 24 inches. ..cost me $120.

As an option have you considered using aircraft cables, eyebolts and a tarp to park under rather than a cover?. Car covers are notorious for rubbing paint when on any vehicle if the wind picks up...not to mention uv rays will break down the fabric no matter what. Once the cover moves, there goes the paint.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
WOW....Way to nice to be sitting outside. I would try to work something out even if I had to rent storage space so I wouldn't have to sell!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Storage is a good idea but then there's an ongoing expense month after month that could have went to good use. Not sure how your lot is set up, but how about building a carport on the side of your house, garage, shop, or if you have backyard access, in the backyard and then semi sort enclose it with lattice?

Then there's those cheap tin free standing carports that you can anchor to the ground.

Sounds like a great excuse to talk mama into a new pole barn shop in the backyard. Thing nice about those, they're very sturdy and can be locked up. You can build just the pole barn with a dirt floor and don't have to buy the expensive concrete now, but can add it in later as funds permit. You also don't have to put electricity in it now and can add that later too as funds permit. So you could get just the shell up and protect all your toys now. A year or two later, add a concrete floor or electric, then another year or so later, add whichever you didn't do, the concrete or the eletric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL