Tried doing the retro xj steering shaft!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The guy on eBay has an adapter to go from the D shaped fitting to a splined fitting, and its available with various spline counts. It looks like the spline count for the early square body column is 48.

The solution referenced in an earlier post looks good, but i'm still not sure I completely understand what you have to cut off and how the adapter is connected. I'm going to have to study this a little before I start tearing things apart.

Bruce

Last edited:

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
@Chad neel You get the truck all back together yet or nah?

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
The guy on eBay has an adapter to go from the D shaped fitting to a splined fitting, and its available with various spline counts. It looks like the spline count for the early square body column is 48.

The solution referenced in an earlier post looks good, but i'm still not sure I completely understand what you have to cut off and how the adapter is connected. I'm going to have to study this a little before I start tearing things apart.

Bruce

You have to cut the u-joint off the column end of the Jeep shaft. You also need to cut off that crimped part thats under it so the new u-joint fits the shaft better. Once you do that the new u-joint has two screws that clamp it to the shaft. I drilled completely through the shaft and tapped it so the screws threaded down into it instead of just onto it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep