Tranny swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I'll have to search that one out. There's a place about a half hour east of me in Imlay City that has a lot of rust free stuff, but not many squares ghe last few years.

Fortunately my wife dropped a pin there, it's Cliff's Nostalgia, 7050 N State Rd, Davison, MI 48423

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Fortunately my wife dropped a pin there, it's Cliff's Nostalgia, 7050 N State Rd, Davison, MI 48423
Yeah. Cliffs is just north of me. He's still got the same stuff in the yard as he did whe I was in high school. Not sure where the rust free stuff is, lol. It sure isn't out front. I can't imagine what he's asking for prices now. 25years ago he wanted $400 for a bare Michigan cab shell, with some rust. Which is most likely why the same stuff is still out front.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Yeah. Cliffs is just north of me. He's still got the same stuff in the yard as he did whe I was in high school. Not sure where the rust free stuff is, lol. It sure isn't out front. I can't imagine what he's asking for prices now. 25years ago he wanted $400 for a bare Michigan cab shell, with some rust. Which is most likely why the same stuff is still out front.

I got a set of doors off him that were clean for 150 two years ago, for a 67-72, idk how he cycles stuff or whatever.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I got a set of doors off him that were clean for 150 two years ago, for a 67-72, idk how he cycles stuff or whatever.
Pretty good price. Maybe he finally found reality, lol. When I get ready to source some stepside fenders, I'll give him a try again, see if my opinion will change.

Maaac1789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I finally got around to going back to the junkyard today. They guys had found my spacer and were removing it when I got there. Just love those guys. We thought they had a flat flexplate, but they had already been scavenged. I also ordered a short shift shaft so I can utilize my current shift mechanism. I'm making slow progress.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Just curious. I wanna make sure we're talking about the same subject, cause you guys are WAY out there. The OP's question wasn't more on the lines of this???

You must be registered for see images attach

Maaac1789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My last post was an attempt to get the thread back on track. I assure you, my original question had NOTHING to do with the bearded guy. Haha

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
My last post was an attempt to get the thread back on track. I assure you, my original question had NOTHING to do with the bearded guy. Haha
:D Honestly, I didn't figure it did...

(I normally charge for thread bumps like that....)

Maaac1789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

So, I got the 700R4 out, and got another harness from a 6.0/4L80E to replace the wiring I cut out of mine, got the correct spacer for tranny/t case, and a flat 6.0 flexplate with spacer. Total spent so far: $550.

Maaac1789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

So I tore down the donor np208 I got from the scrapyard, and retrieved the input shaft.

Maaac1789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
:peace:

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Pretty good price. Maybe he finally found reality, lol. When I get ready to source some stepside fenders, I'll give him a try again, see if my opinion will change.
If you find any fuel fillers for a stepside there that you don't need, please let me know. I am looking for the early style without doors.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
If you find any fuel fillers for a stepside there that you don't need, please let me know. I am looking for the early style without doors.
There's a pretty clapped out one in a p-n-p just down the street form me. It's pretty clapped out and rotted, but I can find time to stop in later this week and see if the filler(s? not sure if it's a dual tank or not) are worth salvaging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC