Tranny swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hmm, I'm not sure. Mine looks like the one you are describing as not fitting.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Plus there would be the '81-'84 tall style adapter that uses the flat crossmember. That one might fit.

Maaac1789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hmm, I'm not sure. Mine looks like the one you are describing as not fitting.

You must be registered for see images attach
That's like the one that hits my pan

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Does yours work on a 4L80?

I don't know, I've never tried it. After looking into the 4L80 swap, I determined a Gear Vendors unit would work best for me if I absolutely needed overdrive.

I want that too lol

The adapter or the whole pile? Lol. That's the t-case that needs to go up under the black Burb.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I don't know, I've never tried it. After looking into the 4L80 swap, I determined a Gear Vendors unit would work best for me if I absolutely needed overdrive.

The adapter or the whole pile? Lol. That's the t-case that needs to go up under the black Burb.
Adapters are good. Lol I don’t know about out your way, but it took me a while to find the one I have on my truck. I was playing I don’t expect you to let go of that them things ain’t cheap.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I used to see them often in the self serve junkyards. But I also used to go every weekend.

Maaac1789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My junkyard guys have 4 truckbeds full of t cases down on the woods. I looked through them for a bit yesterday, but was limited on time. The 2 young guys who work there have take extreme interest in my build and they are bloodhounds. They will find what I need. This yard has probably 40 or so old squares. We will prevail.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Cool that you found a stockpile of parts trucks. They don't pop up too often in the yards up here anymore, at least without being run into the ground and rotted beyond all usefullness. Anything nice gets picked over almost immediately.

Maaac1789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It's way out in the woods. It is a squarebody gold mine! Great guy owns it too.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Cool that you found a stockpile of parts trucks. They don't pop up too often in the yards up here anymore, at least without being run into the ground and rotted beyond all usefullness. Anything nice gets picked over almost immediately.

Bud's in Greenville has about 30 squarebody trucks, it's full of classics, scouts, even some Studebakers.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Bud's in Greenville has about 30 squarebody trucks, it's full of classics, scouts, even some Studebakers.
I went out there last summer. Not quite sure how their business model works. When everything is stacked 2 cars high, and packed in door to door, end to end in some cases, kinda hard to find what you are looking for. I did see more vintage iron in there than I have in decades, but seems like they could spread it out a little better if they ran the 3 dozen or so double stacked dodge shadows through the crusher.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I went out there last summer. Not quite sure how their business model works. When everything is stacked 2 cars high, and packed in door to door, end to end in some cases, kinda hard to find what you are looking for. I did see more vintage iron in there than I have in decades, but seems like they could spread it out a little better if they ran the 3 dozen or so double stacked dodge shadows through the crusher.

I just use it for trim parts, they charge like, fair market value for everything too lol. But, if I need emblems, etc, that's where I go.

There's another one over by you that has rust free body parts, I believe it's Clydes or something like that.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I just use it for trim parts, they charge like, fair market value for everything too lol. But, if I need emblems, etc, that's where I go.

There's another one over by you that has rust free body parts, I believe it's Clydes or something like that.
I'll have to search that one out. There's a place about a half hour east of me in Imlay City that has a lot of rust free stuff, but not many squares ghe last few years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sriddle36