Trailer wiring/ electrical gremlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corpse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
1983 K5 6.2D 4X4 no power options

Need a rear lights wiring diagram

Ok so i wantest to install a trailer harness... I thought old truck, 30min job tops...

There were two harness' dangling by the hitch but both were green and crusty so i traced them back and cut them out.

I repaired the wires and spliced mine in on the driver side beside the four pin plug

Originally i thought all my lights worked fine but seems as this.is not the case, only parts of the trailer harness would work but i would lose parts of my tail lights

So i took the trailer harness back out since.it was late and i daily drive this but i come to those situation... If all four wires on the previously mentioned plug are connected and i use my right turn signal both my turn signals go but if i use the left, only the left one will operate. If i disconnect one wire everything works fine except the driver side running light on the large bulb.

It was late last night when i did this so ill get you more details later

I heard that you can buy a plug and play harness but i found a diagram of gm's factory harness and it just does what i was making anyway, a splice between the four pin plug with a separate ground....

This is probably sounds like one big ramble but a wiring diagram would be helpful.

Thanks

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
attachment.php

Attachments

• tail light wiring 1983.JPG
    tail light wiring 1983.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:

Corpse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Thanks where do you find all these diagrams?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I have a stash of these in PDF format on my hard drive a close confidante here hooked me up with. Files are too big to email or upload here so I take bits and pieces and share here when asked for. If I can ever find the time I would like to convert them all to pics and load them up in the library.

Corpse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Can i trouble you for the glowplug system diagram? Im trying to update from the 83 version to the 85 and up version

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Can i trouble you for the glowplug system diagram? Im trying to update from the 83 version to the 85 and up version

****, wait a minute, these are for 1983.