Toolbox thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

This is before I brought my Cornwell cart home. Too much crap in too little space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

This is before I brought my Cornwell cart home. Too much crap in too little space.

Ahh, here is a picture of my boxes in their cluttered habitat. Terrible work space

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Kinda looks like your car.....lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Look at all you guys posting up your high end boxes and I'm still living outta my 2 cheap Craftsman roll a ways, hoping someday I'll be able to have a US General set up from Harbor Freight. :happy175:

Ohh and my Jobox.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
My boxes are packed. I either need to add on another cheap Craftsman stack or grow into this cheap HF US General set up.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
My boxes are packed. I either need to add on another cheap Craftsman stack or grow into this cheap HF US General set up.

I still have the craftsman top and bottom that my older brother bought for me when I started driving. It mostly holds the basic household kinda tools, and my auto bodywork stuff. Depth of drawer and where they're placed on the box are what I look for. I like my sockets standing up in racks, and by the time I get to a drawer deep enough for that on my c-man boxes, it's at my knees.

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I still have my first box I got when I was a kid from my dad, it was the 3 piece craftsman stack, I sold the little middle section to a friend but I still have the top and bottom. In fact the top is in my company vehicle for when I drive to service calls instead of flying.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hell my box is from like 86 and ****.....and my Chraftsman stuff is from the 70s........but they do their jobs. I almost bought a new box in 98 a Snap-on Broncos box if any of you remember the NFL boxes.....

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Bought this about 8yrs ago from China Freight, all ball bearing and still works great..

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I still have my very first tool chest from 1984. My dad was pissed as hell. It was a Christmas gift from him and his wife. They bought me and her son the SAME box for Christmas. WITH EXCEPTION, she bought her son the Professional model with the built in lock and different colors, and she bought me the Home model for like $60 less. I still have it though. It's my bolt and nut box. The thing probably weighs 350 lbs with all the hardware I have in it. Most of them are all sorted by size with exception of a couple drawers I use for specialty bolts like fine thread, U Joint straps, flywheel and flexplate bolts etc.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks, that would be a Victor 16x40 lathe, behind the box is an Enco 32" mill..

Yeah, I'm jelly of that lathe. Transmission builders kinda need those. Or at least good performance trans builders do. I have some stuff subbed out, but I'd like a lathe someday for turning down drums and pistons.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yeah, I'm jelly of that lathe. Transmission builders kinda need those. Or at least good performance trans builders do. I have some stuff subbed out, but I'd like a lathe someday for turning down drums and pistons.
Yeah, it can be a real PITA without one, I was lucky for a while since a real good friend had his own business building race trannys and converters, I could take my **** there and do it but that was still a pain since he was 8mi away and ate up a bunch of time, but when he passed away I had to get my own, I talked to a local machine mover they run across that **** everyday, told him what I wanted and he found this one in less than a week and he even delivered it..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg