to do list/app/spread sheet question/discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Let me know. I still have things to do.

You must be registered for see images attach

spanky55amg

Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Heres the mileage/fuel tab I am working. It might be a little much for many of you, but something Im interested in.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Sure there is. Do you want something like:
Suspension
Front Suspension
Rear Suspension
?
Let me know. Ill get it added.
Yeah like that, now would it be possible that we could add our own, like say under Front Suspension we could add individual parts like upper control arms, sway bar and such or is this going beyond the outer limits, lol..

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Heres the mileage/fuel tab I am working. It might be a little much for many of you, but something Im interested in.

I am VERY interested in this..

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, if spreadsheets did work, I'd have all my trucks done. :laughing1: I've listed the powertrain parts, gear ratios, blah blah blah all that, very similar to what you've done. Excel will work fine. I wish we could integrate the .wks files into the forum.

I've noticed lately, many guys just type out their to do list in their build threads. Then mark them DONE when completed. They could also add the cost or other note on that same line if they wanted to.

Best of luck and keep up that fight with the C. GWS !!! :waytogo:

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
But a written list that you can scratch off would make you feel accomplished! :)

Absolutely (I sometimes add things that weren't on the list just so I can cross them off!) - but - I get tired of writing the same things on the list over and over.

I found a "to do" list from about 6 years ago hanging inside the broom closet and (a) some of the items on there still need to be done and (b) some of the items that were completed now need to be done again.

:(

spanky55amg

Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Absolutely (I sometimes add things that weren't on the list just so I can cross them off!) - but - I get tired of writing the same things on the list over and over.

I found a "to do" list from about 6 years ago hanging inside the broom closet and (a) some of the items on there still need to be done and (b) some of the items that were completed now need to be done again.

:(
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Hissssssssss. haha

spanky55amg

Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Yeah like that, now would it be possible that we could add our own, like say under Front Suspension we could add individual parts like upper control arms, sway bar and such or is this going beyond the outer limits, lol..
Well. I thought I would just get a layout. Then you could add or subtract what you needed. For example. If you needed upper control arms or bushing, you would add a line under Front Suspension. Kinda like I did for the LS swap or Carb line. I gave those as examples.
If you didnt need Transfer Case, like I dont because C10, then you would just delete that row out.

So doing this, you would need to know basic spread sheet manipulation.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well. I thought I would just get a layout. Then you could add or subtract what you needed. For example. If you needed upper control arms or bushing, you would add a line under Front Suspension. Kinda like I did for the LS swap or Carb line. I gave those as examples.
So doing this, you would need to know basic spread sheet manipulation.
Awesome, I can handle that..

spanky55amg

Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Yep, if spreadsheets did work, I'd have all my trucks done. :laughing1: I've listed the powertrain parts, gear ratios, blah blah blah all that, very similar to what you've done. Excel will work fine. I wish we could integrate the .wks files into the forum.

I've noticed lately, many guys just type out their to do list in their build threads. Then mark them DONE when completed. They could also add the cost or other note on that same line if they wanted to.

Best of luck and keep up that fight with the C. GWS !!! :waytogo:

And I guess I was also thinking of something off line and to keep dates and book keeping, just in case I sell it or I get in an accident. I know that insurance companies try to dick you, I used to work for two of them. That said, book keeping should be able to help you get some money back... as long as your insurance covers your mods. IE unless you have your car appraised or they have valued your vehicle with the mods.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That sounds like a good idea.

spanky55amg

Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Awesome, I can handle that..
Sweet. And I dont mind helping someone if they have trouble or providing links to help them learn excel. This should also work in Google's spread sheet stuff. I know sometimes it doesnt always work 100%, but I would be willing to make sure that it formats correct if anyone has trouble.

Im going to pretty it up too, so it looks a little fancy. I started to do that last night and wasnt liking how it was looking.
Ill post up when I have time to work on it more. And if anyone has suggestions or comments, I will take those any time.

My over all goal is to provide me/us with something so that we can keep track of work done. I know that I am looking at the parts for an LS swap from tejas steelworks and he suggests a 454 radiator to work with his fans and the ls swap. So it would be nice to keep the link there for his stuff, but then the part number for when I do buy it and when I installed it, and if I need to fight with Auto Zone or whatever part store you favor. :):driver::favorites13:

Wait... we have this??? :boobs:hahaha but I didnt see a burnout one. :(

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
It should work in Open Office too then, right??.

spanky55amg

Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Still working on it a bit. I added a few more examples. I think it still needs massaging.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito