The swap started today.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfasaur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Should be this wire from the bulkhead.

You must be registered for see images attach

Friggin eureka. I actually had taken the test light to the connector on that wire but it must’ve been too corroded to get a light off it. Cut that baby off and boom. Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Friggin eureka. I actually had taken the test light to the connector on that wire but it must’ve been too corroded to get a light off it. Cut that baby off and boom. Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have some kind of goo on them from the factory, congratulations man.

Biggin0822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
After dozens and dozens of burnouts my posi trac needs to be rebuilt. I think I’ll change the gearing to a 4.10while I’m at it. I’ve got speedhut gauges that have a gps speedo and it can do 0-60 times and 1/4 mile runs. Best I’ve done on 0-60 is just under 7 sec. Alittle disappointing, I thought the 6.0 and cam would be more powerful.... So I’ll install the redneck supercharger (gears) and see what happens

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
After dozens and dozens of burnouts my posi trac needs to be rebuilt. I think I’ll change the gearing to a 4.10while I’m at it. I’ve got speedhut gauges that have a gps speedo and it can do 0-60 times and 1/4 mile runs. Best I’ve done on 0-60 is just under 7 sec. Alittle disappointing, I thought the 6.0 and cam would be more powerful.... So I’ll install the redneck supercharger (gears) and see what happens

Have you found anywhere that speedo doesnt work? ie tunnels?

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Have you found anywhere that speedo doesnt work? ie tunnels?

The one's I have, have enough of a buffer to work everywhere I go. The only issue I've ever had is the little bit of lag from standstill to moving.

Biggin0822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Sorry, been a while since I've been on the forum. No, Ive not seen the speedo not work because of obstruction or anything else. And I haven't pulled off my (your) "bumper thingys" yet. Still snow and ice up here in Michigan. sucks. I've found since I wrote my last post that my tranny is starting in 2nd gear for some reason, and that's why its not as quick as I thought it would be. I guess I'll take it to a tranny shop soon.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Sorry, been a while since I've been on the forum. No, Ive not seen the speedo not work because of obstruction or anything else. And I haven't pulled off my (your) "bumper thingys" yet. Still snow and ice up here in Michigan. sucks. I've found since I wrote my last post that my tranny is starting in 2nd gear for some reason, and that's why its not as quick as I thought it would be. I guess I'll take it to a tranny shop soon.

2nd is limp mode, is it shifting after that?

Biggin0822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Ya. I have every gear except 1st and od. First does work when it's cold. Like first thing in the morning cold.

Biggin0822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
So the tranny issue was fixed when I unplugged the harness to the trans and plugged it back in
Works perfectly. Ran a 13.2 at the track (remember when I wrote that I would never go to the track?) Now I took the hvac system out of the truck to fix the vacuum lines that switch the vent doors and the like. Also put in a limited slip rear end in 3.73 . she runs like a raped ape ...I went to the Martin us 131 raceway here In Michigan and it's like your first heroin experience. I can quit whenever I want, right?

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Sweet,glad your enjoying it.

Forum statistics