TH350 To a 700r4 transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
TH-350 is usually very reliable, and even more so if a rebuilder uses the right parts. However, with the low 4.10 gears in my truck I really miss having an overdrive. Stock height (about 31”) tires help a little, but it still turns a lot of rpm on the highway.
I've got the 305 / 700R4 and stock 3.41 gears in my truck. I'd love to have those 4.10's! With 3.41's it's loafing on the freeway at 60+ and when I tow it'll tow and haul what I ask it to, but it would be better with 4.10's or even 4.56's. I'm really hoping to get that done this winter. This will be the third winter I've said that. The first one was the year I developed oil control issues, and last year was the transmission, if there are no major unexpected issues I'll be swapping to 4.10's or 4.56's this winter.

I had my 700R4 done by a local guy a little over a year ago. Many upgrades were done to it, and it set me back 2K. He's a good guy and my tranny has been great. When I was younger I wanted to learn to rebuilt transmissions but never did and now I have little interest in it. I'd rather someone I trust to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko