Th350 problems after engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
When you put the bolts in the flexplate for the converter did the converter spin easy to line up the bolt holes and have room to move back and forward in the trans pump . If not then you may not of had the converter seated all the way in the pump .when you put the converter back in the trans you did spin the converter to get it to drop in the pump .It should have went in 2 times spin and slide in 1 notch spin again slide in 1 moor time in the pump ears . if it didn't slide on and drop in 2 times you may have broke off the pump ears . that will keep the pump from building presser . then it is time for a rebuild

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Once isn't bad. I know a guy that did that several times... he's not a mechanic any more thank goodness.
That's a good thing, lol. :D

Heyzeuscristos

Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Well it looks like the converter wasnt put in correctly and it sheared the pump gears. Ill make sure to take a look inside when i pull the pump but hopefully this is the only thing wrong with it. Thanks for your help guys

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well it looks like the converter wasnt put in correctly and it sheared the pump gears. Ill make sure to take a look inside when i pull the pump but hopefully this is the only thing wrong with it. Thanks for your help guys
Yep, figured that's what it was seen it many times, I'm surprised you didn't hear a whine though..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Thats what i was thinking..

Forum statistics