TH 350 install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy7979

Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok so stupid question but here it goes. Few months ago I had my 350 Turbo trains rebuilt. Several weeks ago I reinstalled it, I have not started it back up and ran it yet. But I was told something about it needs to be aligned right. Forgive me for asking what's probably a stupid question, first transmission I ever have taken out and put back in. But shouldn't it have lined itself back up when I bolted the crossmember in place and bolted it to the engine block? I just don't see how it wouldn't be in there right. I understand that the torque converter could have had too much space between it and the flex plate, which I checked. But other than that it seems like that was the only thing that could have went wrong. Am I missing something? I don't feel like possibly ruining a rebuilt transmission.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Ok so stupid question but here it goes. Few months ago I had my 350 Turbo trains rebuilt. Several weeks ago I reinstalled it, I have not started it back up and ran it yet. But I was told something about it needs to be aligned right. Forgive me for asking what's probably a stupid question, first transmission I ever have taken out and put back in. But shouldn't it have lined itself back up when I bolted the crossmember in place and bolted it to the engine block? I just don't see how it wouldn't be in there right. I understand that the torque converter could have had too much space between it and the flex plate, which I checked. But other than that it seems like that was the only thing that could have went wrong. Am I missing something? I don't feel like possibly ruining a rebuilt transmission.

They were probably referring to having the torque converter installed correctly. There should be 3 clicks and "drops" as you install it. As long as you didn't use the bell housing bolts to force the trans to the block (i.e. the torque converter wasn't holding up the trans), and you have the proper clearance from the torque converter to flexplate before bolting them together, you are good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76