TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin New Mexico

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500
Engine Size
7.4 liter
I know It's a 90. Ignition modules have been a problem for truck. 7.4 liter c3500. I got hay yesterday it was 109* out stopped for a pop and the truck would not start. Pulled the breather and the injectors were not emitting gas. Got a ignition module and until now the truck fires right up. No dice, towed it home. Fired right up today. I let it get up to temp and shut it off. Back to no spark. The pickup coil shows .2vac as I crank. It use to put out 1vac. I have not tested it cold. Do you feel that the output is to low at cranking speed and the Ignition module can not sense it....
The truck is a daily driver 60 miles every day..
What is your take?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
We can sit here and speculate a few things and help troubleshoot it for you and put your thread in the right category and all that good stuff, but since you have actually have a GMT 400 body style GM truck instead of a Squarebody, I'd like to refer you to http://www.gmt400.com/ which is our sister forum of the Fully Driven Network. There you will get alot more help that directed exactly to your model of truck and guys more familiar with common problems, correct wiring and correct powertrain.

Jump on over there to http://www.gmt400.com/ where there is even more members and another good group of guys. Thanks for stopping in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoblind