Tbi to carb to tbi swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
So I know I’ve started a few threads of me going back and forth on my engine choice for my 1987 v20. Today I called up jegs and placed an order for a crate blueprint 350. Here’s the link if anyone is interested http://www.jegs.com/i/Blueprint-Engines/138/BP3501CTC1K/10002/-1 anyways plans are to strip all of the tbi stuff out of the truck and install that motor with the carb for now then later on swap the carb for fitech or a similar setup. This engine will be going in front of a th400 and 4.10 gears. While the engine is out im planning on cleaning up the engine bay as well. Here’s a few pics of what I am starting with
You must be registered for see images attach

The 350 in the truck is for sale if anyone is interested. It will come with all tbi components. It’s still in the truck and you can hear it run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
So I know I’ve started a few threads of me going back and forth on my engine choice for my 1987 v20. Today I called up jegs and placed an order for a crate blueprint 350. Here’s the link if anyone is interested http://www.jegs.com/i/Blueprint-Engines/138/BP3501CTC1K/10002/-1 anyways plans are to strip all of the tbi stuff out of the truck and install that motor with the carb for now then later on swap the carb for fitech or a similar setup. This engine will be going in front of a th400 and 4.10 gears. While the engine is out im planning on cleaning up the engine bay as well. Here’s a few pics of what I am starting with

The 350 in the truck is for sale if anyone is interested. It will come with all tbi components. It’s still in the truck and you can hear it run

Here you go @78c10bigten for your Burb. Ohio ain’t that far.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

Looks like your gonna need a converter. Does it come with the belt set up? And don’t forget the Zinc or I’m sure that warranty means nothing.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Looks like your gonna need a converter. Does it come with the belt set up? And don’t forget the Zinc or I’m sure that warranty means nothing.
Aren’t the stock converters 1800? And yes it comes with the belt set up. I plan on following all of the stuff to keep my warranty here. If anything goes wrong I wanna have it warrantied

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

How much are you asking and what part of ohio are you in?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well that’s cool. Well if you don’t get a converter be aware that might be their loop hole for the warranty. They don’t have it on there because they like to type. Just a heads up is all. If you get a new converter, service the trans and fill it with Type F fluid.....you’ll like it.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
How much are you asking and what part of ohio are you in?
I’m just north of Columbus and pm me an offer. The engine does have a blown head gasket but nothing else is wrong. I have a video of it running too

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Well that’s cool. Well if you don’t get a converter be aware that might be their loop hole for the warranty. They don’t have it on there because they like to type. Just a heads up is all. If you get a new converter, service the trans and fill it with Type F fluid.....you’ll like it.
Alright I’ll have to check into that.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I’m just north of Columbus and pm me an offer. The engine does have a blown head gasket but nothing else is wrong. I have a video of it running too

I may have to think a bit about it.... your almost 6 and a half hours from me. :Insane:

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
I may have to think a bit about it.... your almost 6 and a half hours from me. :Insane:
That’s quite a drive for just a 350.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
I checked their warranty policy, it didn’t mention anything about a torque converter all it said was improper installation. Would that fall under that category?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I checked their warranty policy, it didn’t mention anything about a torque converter all it said was improper installation. Would that fall under that category?

If they are recommending a specific stall I’m sure they have a way to void the warranty. I’d call Blueprint engines. And if they say you don’t need it try to get them to email you something stating that. You just want to cover your ass is all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84