Switch to mechanical gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hiltijoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom delux
Engine Size
I removed my instrument cluster and took it apart to install mechanical gauges.i had to drill a hole in the back of the plastic housing for the sensors to go through then .I was minimal on the damage to the board on the back.should I just remove the pins in the harness where the holes where or don't worry.i don't want a fire

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I removed my instrument cluster and took it apart to install mechanical gauges.i had to drill a hole in the back of the plastic housing for the sensors to go through then .I was minimal on the damage to the board on the back.should I just remove the pins in the harness where the holes where or don't worry.i don't want a fire
Your original signals from the engine are ground signals. The 12v stuff could be plucked if you wanted to limit chances of a stray going to ground and causing issues in the future.